Monday, March 7, 2011

Grateful for Green card for Squigglefly Challenge & SCS Sketch Challenge!

Are you ready for another Squigglefly Monday Challenge???
I love this one.......maybe because green is one of my favorite colors!

So, what's the challenge????   
Since this is our first challenge for March.....what better way to celebrate Spring coming than with GREEN!! So make a monochrome green style creation and show everyone what green means to you!

I think most would think of March and green and, of course, St. Patrick's day.......
and, honestly, that's where I was heading for my card, as well.

But, then I saw this cute image in the Squigglefly Freebie Section, and I couldn't resist going with the olive greens, instead.  The sentiment came from the Squigglefly Yahoo Group in the "Files" section.  If you love Squigglefly........Come join us over there!


Don't the two friends seem so happy?

Just a peek to the inside!

Love this phrase for this image!  I just sponged the edges to match all of those gorgeous olive greens!

Finally......the decorated inside using one of the same papers on the outside.



I also had a little help with the overall apperance because I used SCS Sketch Challenge #322 as a starting point.  Since I wanted to showcase the image, this sketch was just perfect!  Love it!




Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Images - Turtle Express
Squigglefly Digital Images - When a friend walks in......
Gina K. Pure Luxury cardstock - Fresh Asparagus
Taylored Expressions cardstock - Parakeet
DCWV - The Stack #6
PTI - Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles dies
PTI felt - Vintage Ivory
VersaMagic ink - Spanish Olive
Sizzix Texture Plate - Wild Dashes
Copic Markers - R81, RV13, E55, E57, YG61, YG63, YG97, G94, G99


Thanks for visiting today!
I hope to see your creation this week on the Squigglefly blog!



8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just ADORE this card Stephanie!! That image is so sweet and fun!! Your colors are the perfect shades of green!! Great take on the sketch too!! :) HUGs

Lorraine said...

Your card and that image is adorable! I love the green and your different patterns/textures.

JanR said...

What a great sentiment to go with that image! Very cute card.

Dani said...

Wonderful card!!

Holly said...

Stephanie this is really great. You put everything together so well!

Denise said...

Hey lady! I'm comin' to your house to stamp - you get SO much done!! Cute. {as always)

Patricia St Martin said...

Stephanie this is really nice. It is nice that you are doing this. Wonerful sentiment and all kinds of green.

Jill said...

Ha! The turtle and the snail are laughing! I don't know why this hits my funny bone, but it does! Super cute and wonderfully GREEN, my dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...