Thursday, March 31, 2011

Get Well to my Matt!!! CPS Challenge Card

Good morning!
While you are reading this, I'm probably at school working with a great group of kiddos......
minus one!  One of the little boys in my class has been really, really sick and has missed about 2 weeks of school.  And I have to say......I MISS MY MATT!!!

Afterall........He is our "Post-It Note King" and has earned that title single-handedly by having more Post-It Notes than I do!  He uses them quite often to help remind me of things.
The other students and I miss his jokes, smile, quick remarks, and little dances (shhhhhhhh) more than he knows.......so, we are sending him a huge envelope of cards.
This is the one I'm sending him!

I colored the sand and added the phrase on the sand pile digitally using PSPX.  If you click to enlarge it, you should see how cool it looks with a filter I used to give it some dimension.  The rest of the image is hand colored using Copics.

The kids know that chocolate is the "password" for my classroom and that it heals EVERYTHING.  But they also knows that it goes....."Straight to Mrs. Mino's hips!"  LOL  Oye!  The things I teach these little guys!




When I knew found the image I knew I needed a sketch that would be clean & simple.......Well, the CPS #211 Sketch Challenge definitely fit the bill.  All I needed was the correct "boyish" patterned paper to pull the whole thing off and Basic Grey made it work.



I really hope Matt is feeling better.  And, if not, I'm sure all of these cool cards from the kids and I are definitely going to bring a smile to his little face!  {Matt}

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Mo's Digital Pencil Shop - King of the Hill
Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set
the {stamps} of life - GetWell2You stamp set
Basic Grey patterned paper - Life of the Party
New Leaf and Kraft cardstock
Dark Chocolate & Chai ink
Copic markers



Have a fantastic day!!!

9 comments:

Jessie said...

Wonderful card!! I really think Matt will like it! I love the colors!

Linda said...

How thoughtful! I'm sure he will enjoy what you & the class have done for him. Great card. Hope he's better real soon.

Baseret said...

I love plaid patterned paper. You did an AMAZING job with the copics!

Lea L. said...

Super cute card, and just perfect for a boy!! Thanks for joining us at the CPS Sketch Blog this week!! ♥♥♥

Mad for Paper said...

He's a lucky boy having such a great teacher. your image is perfect. Hope he is well soon.
TFS
Ang

I'm Renee said...

Absolutely adorable...
perfect for a little guy!
I hope he is soon well and back to "dancing" in class with you...
I'm sure you won't tell him to sit down for at least the...first week? :)

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and your coloring and that Mo Manning digi image! Hope your Matt gets better soon!

christy compton hall said...

How amazing are YOU?! This is the sweetest card for a well-loved student :) GREAT coloring and digi job!

Linda said...

Great coloring! What a sweet card and a sweet thing to do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...