Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Daffodil Birthday card for Gina K. Color Challenge & CPS Sketch Challenge

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I can't wait to share this new card with all of you, today.  I got some new Basic Grey patterned paper and I'm just loving it!  Several of my cards this week will be featuring it.

I just love my Year of Flower stamps (YOF for short) that I bought from PTI, but I don't use them nearly enough.  I'm guessing that it's mainly due to intimidation in coloring them with Copic markers.  So, I figured out that paper-piecing is the way to go with these.  

I stamped the flowers on the patterned paper with VersaFine's Vintage Sepia.  Then I used Filigree clear embossing powder to really make it stand out.  I did the same for the stem/leaves and the sentiment on the front.  It really gave an extra special look.  Hand cutting all of the flowers took some time.......I really am hoping that PTI will have dies for these soon!  ;-)


You have to click to enlarge in order to see the wood-grain on the patterned paper.  It's so, so gorgeous!

I just love the dimension these little flowers give the card with some foam tape.

I love this birthday phrase on the inside.


I did use Gina K.'s Color Challenge this week, along with CPS #201 Sketch Challenge.





Materials used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
YOF: Daffodils stamp set
Birthday Basics stamp set (front sentiment)
Signature Greetings stamp set (inside sentiment)
Basic Grey patterned paper - Life of the Party
Gina K. Pure Luxury cardstock - Grass Green
Fine Linen cardstock
DCWV patterned paper - Cotton Bloom Stack
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
Copic markers - YG17, YG23, YG25



Thanks for taking a look today.
I appreciate all of your comments more than you know......
so, thank-you for those, too!

 

12 comments:

Jessie said...

Great card! Love the way you popped the daffodils! Very springy!!

Kay said...

Beautiful daffodils- they look great in a woodgrain pattern!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie..I'm like you, love Basic Gray and YOFs! Great job of the flowers! I like how you made them pop off the card!

Jacqueline said...

Very Pretty - great colour combo - i also like the 3d effect.
~ Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline
April Bunny Blog Hop (April 1st-5th)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Great use of dimension! Great job with this week's CPS sketch!! ♥♥♥

Lisa V. said...

This is one of my favorite YOF sets and Ilove what you did with your card. Beautiful.

Jill said...

Perfect choice of flower for this color combo, Stephanie! I luv the YOFs and don't use them enough as well. I'm going to take your advice and do some paper piecing! Can I raid your PP stash? LOL! Seriously, it's a great one!

Anne B said...

Beautiful card. The daffs are gorgeous and I love the way you popped the different layers to get more dimension.

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

This is SO pretty Stephanie, love the paper pieced flower with coloring too. And it works so well for the sketch!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Very pretty Stephanie! The colours definitely remind me of Spring!

Gayatri said...

So love the paper pierced dafffodils, Stephanie! Beautiful colors. Wish it was spring here. We are going into Autumn!

Linda Beeson said...

What a fun card, I just love daffodils! Great use of the CPS sketch too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...