Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Christmas in March!!!

Yes.........I did say CHRISTMAS in March!

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had a goal of making 8 Christmas cards a month, every month so that my holiday cards will be finished by October or November.

Well, I just discovered a blog that is going to really help me do that!!!  It's called:  Christmas Card Challenges and they host a weekly challenge where Christmas/Holiday cards are the focus!  I was so excited to find this that I also posted it on the PTI Christmas Card forum that a bunch of us are posting our cards, too.

I really got busy on Sunday of this past week and made all of the following cards!  This week's challenge was NO STAMPING!  At first, I thought that there was no way I could do this, but then I remembered that I had bought a bunch of embellishments at a "Scrap-the-day-away" event last October.  Not to mention some felt snowflakes that I bought from SU and then the vellum and stickers that came with some DCWV papers.  I also take Christmas cards from the past and take parts of them that I think will make nice additions to cards that I want to make......ie, ribbon, embellishments, stick-ons, etc......and some of the cards I made with these are among my favorites.

So, sit back and take a look at these Christmas cards!
I'm so excited at how many I made!

This is one of my favorites.  The tied leaves actually came off of a recycled card from last Christmas.  In fact, it came off the panel of the card on the left.  So, I just added the patterned paper to the one on the right and added the rub-on to the panel on the left!

Had these bubble type stickers to match the Imaginisce paper.

This one isn't my favorite.........but, I wanted to use those stickers!

Love these!  The paper has a canvas texture!
These vellum sentiments came with a pack of DCWV patterned paper......Might as well use them!



And my absolute favorite of the bunch!!!!

I cut these bulbs off of a card that I wanted to recycle.  No sentiment on the outside........but, look at the next photo for the inside...........

I added the cut out words to the inside for a sentiment!

I had such a blast making all of these on Sunday.  Yeah, I have some not too favorite ones, but I have several that I'm so proud of........AND......I got to use some of those stickers that were just sitting in my paper holders!


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

10 comments:

Jessie said...

Great cards Stephanie! I really need to do the Christmas thing! Thanks for the reminder! Love how you did no stamping on the cards!

Kim O'Connell said...

Another sketch challenge! Yippee! You've led me to many of these! You're good like that. ;) Beautiful cards, but I particilarly love the 2nd one. It has such a fun, funky feel to it wit htaht patterned paper!

Karen C. said...

Wow Stephanie - you've really been busy!! No stamping or colouring sounds like an impossible challenge, but you've made it work with great paper and embellishments. Way to go!!

Stacy said...

Cute cards! That Basic Grey pp is one of my faves :)

Cathy Weber said...

How smart you are to use pieces of past Christmas cards. You sure did get a lot completed, and so early too! I love the holly leaves tied up with raffia. Great job today, Merry Christmas!

Michelle Philippi said...

Way to get ahead of the game instead of behind the 8ball....love that silver one - that's hot!

Anne B said...

Love the variety and fantastic that you were able to have such a productive day. You've inspired me to make a few more Christmas cards :)

Mad for Paper said...

How fun to have such a variety of cards to send out. The simplicity of your cards makes them very elegant looking.
TFS
Ang

I'm Renee said...

All of these are fantastic!
And I have to say...
the silver is my fav too!
You did an AMAZING job with the cutting on that one!
I read this one and CSAYL...but I'll catch up when Summer break gets here and my plans are to go back and use some of the challenges to get cards done before the end of Summer!

Shaela said...

These are fantastic! Thanks for joining us on the Christmas Card Challenge blog this week. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...