Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Butterfly Birthday for Crazy4Challenges and Card Patterns

It's Wednesday!!!
Half way through the week and only 2 more days until the weekend!

I know!  I know!  I shouldn't be rushing my life away........
but, the weekends are when I get to create the most.....so, that's what I can't wait for!

Today, I have another birthday card.  I have really been making many of those, lately.  I guess you can never have too many on hand, right?

You can't tell from the photo, but the brown patterned paper is velvety plush......SOOOO fun!!!  It's from My Mind's Eye and it's in the Lush collection.  It's so much more pretty in person than in this photo.

I just loved these butterflies when I saw them at Michael's.

I had to add some butterflies to the inside, too!

For this card, I used colors in the Crazy 4 Challenges #79 Challenge post for this week along with Card Patterns #107 Sketch Challenge.






Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Signature Series: Dressform stamp set (outside sentiment)
the {stamps} of life - Greetings4Birthday
Round & Round stamp set (butterfly on inside)
Kraft & Raspberry Fizz cardstock
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Lush
Medium Scallop border die
Recollections - Butterfly Embellishments
Raspberry Fizz saddle stitch ribbon
VersaFine ink - Deep Lagoon


Have a wonderful Wednesday!


13 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Stephanie! We sound so much alike because i'm always counting the days to the weekend because that is when i get to craft! I should be making birthday cards, but i seem stuck on Easter and spring cards for now.
I love your card. the butterfly is amazing, and it's great how you've decorated the inside too! that is something I need to do more often!

~amy~ said...

love that lush paper and your fun butterfly! thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Karen C. said...

Love the way you've highlighted the blue butterflies - inside and out!!
Do you have a secret tip for such a perfect bow?

Stephanie said...

Yep, Karen...I do! It's called "The Bow Easy!" I can't make a bow to save my life!

Lindsay said...

Oh my love this color combo and your butterfly! Lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Mel said...

Stephanie,
The colors on this are bold but balanced, great job. The Bow and Butterfly are beautiful.

whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous! I love that butterfly and how you even finished off the inside of your card with more. Great touch!! Glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

Becky Carafa said...

This is gorgeous! I am imagining that velvety paper, and that butterfly is fabulous!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a stunning card Stephanie. I also love that butterfly. The colors you chose were perfect and so nice they fit the challenge. I love the stamped butterflies on the inside of your card too.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Love how you incorporated the challenge colors into your card design.

Jill said...

"Lush"-ous colors, Stephanie! I fell hard for those butterflies at Michaels too! (But you are way ahead of me actually having *used* one, lol.) PERFECT bow!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS butterfly card Stephanie! Fabbo job on this weeks C4C colors! Thank you for joining us...hugs ~S~

steph said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie- I absolutely love the bright colors that you paired with kraft- great look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...