Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Girl Card for C&S Challenge

I am so, so excited to share this new card with you!!!
Again, I'm breaking out the stamps I've received from PaperTrey Ink and their March release!  
This post will feature the new Tiny Tags stamp set and die.



I've read over and over again on PTI's forum "how adorable" this set is......but, for me, this set is terrifing!!! Really!  It is!  Why?  Because the stamps ARE TINY!!!  I mean, how do you decorate the front of a card when they are less than inch in height or width???  Yeesh!  I know.......use them as TAGS like they are intended, Stephanie!!!  But, seriously, I wanted to decorate a card with them.

And I DID!!!
Look how cute!

I hope you can see the gorgeous shimmer on the pink cardstock.....if not, click to enlarge it because that picture is even better.

I have absolutely no sentiments for inside my "baby" cards.......so, this is what I came up with for this one.



I used a sketch challenge from Clean & Simple to get the ideas flowin' and how I ended up with a baby girl card, I have no idea.  In this sketch, I love how there is a smaller panel on the card base.  I thought it might allow your card base to really stand out.  And, since I hadn't used any of my PTI Shimmer cardstock, I went to all of the shimmers I had to pick a color.........The pink was "calling" me.  So after I picked the pink, all I could think of was "baby girl."

I was so surprised at how nice this shimmer cardstock is to use!  I mean, you can stamp on it easily (that was a big worry for me).......and the ink even dries very quickly on it......That means NO SMEARING.....because I do that a lot.

Now let's talk about a super neat discovery I made today.  I think many of us save every bit of PTI paper we get our hands on.......even the little inserts that come with our stamps.  Well, I discovered today that if you cut off the little fold over flap that you get with the $5 stamp sets (ie.....Tag It's, Think Big Favorites, Fillable Frames, etc.) that the larger portion left over is perfect for the inside panel of your cards.....like I did in the card above!!!  It's perfect!  No trimming or waste from cutting up a whole sheet of cardstock!  



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Tiny Tags stamp set & die
Signature Greetings stamp set
Baby Button Bits stamp set (inside bear and sentiment)
Around & About stamp set (little hearts inside)
Pink Shimmer & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions organdy ribbon -  White and Light Pink Swirl
Studio G. ink - Light and Dark Pink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Recollections Jewel brads


Thanks for visiting my blog today!


17 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Eeeeeeek! This is so sweet! So funny because I, too, was intimidated by these tiny little tags. I finally got up the courage to try it out and tried to order it 2 days ago. Sold out. BOO!

Sara Mac said...

Adorable card Stephanie!! Great take on the sketch. I love that pink shimmer cardstock. I always debate about putting it in my cart and then something else wins out.

Debra said...

Very cute! Yes, those tiny tags are tiny! I've just been staring at mine...lol.I've never tried the shimmer cardstock, but may have to throw some in my cart...

Debra said...

Very cute! Yes, those tiny tags are tiny! I've just been staring at mine...lol.I've never tried the shimmer cardstock, but may have to throw some in my cart...

Kay said...

Oh, it's just so precious! The little shimmery tags are the perfect touch on this very sweet card!

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Adorable baby card and yes - those are tiny stamps, but you made it work!!
Great job with the sketch challenge :)
Maria

Jessie said...

Oh my!! So so cute! Love the tiny stamps and tags!

Jen said...

Woweeey! Stephanie you totally did it and so fabulously so too! Just glorious! I have yet to get my box including these yet, but I am super excited now after seeing your card. You have totally taken "just a tag" to a whole other level. Shame to call them tags now after your fab creation. They are sort of now super fantastic dangling gems forevermore. What a delight!

Karen C. said...

Those tiny tags are just precious and perfect for a baby girl card. I like the little teddy inside the card too!!

Baseret said...

This is so sweet...I love the way you used Tiny Tags!

Gayatri said...

Adorable! Love the tiny tags and the cut little love heart near the sentiment :)

Lorraine said...

Oh this is adorable! Love the soft shimmery pink and those little tags. I haven't even inked my little tags set yet.

Joyce said...

Very cute card. I have marked it to case. I think a friend's daughter will be having a baby soon, and this would be perfect. I haven't yet found the best way to use those tags--until now.

Monica K. said...

Stephanie, this is so adorable!! I like the shimmery pink tags and the hearts. Such a cute baby card! Love it!!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet and cute! Love how you hung the tags with brads!

Linda said...

Sooo cute! I so need to CASE this! You did an amazing job!

Carolyn said...

What a sweet sweet card!! Love the colors and use of the tags!! I just was able to order Tiny Tags and can't wait to try them out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...