Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Birthday card for 365 Cards Challenge!

Thursday is in the house!!!
Yep!  Just 1 more day until the weekend begins!

I am so excited about this card!  It is ANOTHER birthday card!  Are you surprised?  LOL  So, why am I so excited about it???  Because I inked up my new PTI Background Basics: Newsprint stamps and I just love the result.  I got this set and was worried about how I would incorporate it on cards and this is just one way that I can see it used often.

The focal image came in the patterned paper book and I just cut it out and the matting going around it.  It looks so nice on top of the brown and cream matted background.

I think the Newsprint stamps make this look like professional paper.......not hand-stamped!

Just a cute cupcake and sentiment on the inside.


I used a sketch from 365 Cards.  It's their Day 20 challenge and it worked perfectly for this card.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Background Basics: Newsprint stamp set
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set (inside sentiment)
2011 Birthday Tags (cupcake inside)
Raspberry Fizz cardstock
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Summer Papers
Taylored Expressions cardstock - Chablis
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
Dark Chocolate satin ribbon
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia


Have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

Gayatri said...

Love the Newsprint background, Stephanie! Beautiful colors. Great work on the inside of the card too :)

Kay said...

Very, very pretty, and I love the colors you used!

Michelle Philippi said...

I love how you slanted that - looks like a tossed newspaper!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie..Wow I love this card! The colors and the background stamp look great! I used to participate in 365 cards..need to get back in!

Jill said...

LOVE your perfectly color-coordinated card, Stephanie! That Newsprint background looks so, so good! I'm a teeny bit less intimidated to try mine out now! :-) This is just gorgeous!

annieambriel said...

This is gorgeously sweet!. Love the stamped background, and the colour combo. Lovely!

Thanks for joining us at 365cards this week. :)

Rose said...

am loving that newsprint stamp!!! fab card for the sketch :)

Huguenot Girl said...

A gorgeous card - love how you have used the newsprint stamp set!

wendipooh13 said...

gorgeous card and just love inside too

~ Sophia ~ said...

Simply LOVE IT!! That fab stamp is absolutely awsome!...and so are your take on the sketch too!

Where can I get a stamp like that for myself?

Manoli Navarro said...

Es tan dulce!! Me encanta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...