Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wish Big Birthday card for OTWC #44 Color Challenge and C&S #126 Sketch Challenge

Happy Tuesday!!!

This weekend I was on a birthday card kick, so I hope you don't mind seeing a bunch of these cards this week.

Here is the first one of the week!

I love how my died seam binding came out for the ribbon on this card.  It's so shiny and pretty.

Just adding a Fillable Frame to the inside with sentiment really dresses up this card.  You can click to enlarge the picture!

Just a close-up of the sentiment in red and pink!

Didn't this turn out cute? 

It was inspired from pairing two challenges......the Off the Wall Craftiness #44 Color Challenge and the Clean & Simple #126 Sketch Challenge.


In looking at the photo, I hope that using cream was okay instead of white.  And for the sketch challenge, I chose to make the ribbon flare outward to sort of match that panel in the sketch that is behind the circle.  I simply used a whole punch on each side of my felt circle and then strung the ribbon through and sort of flared it outward to look like the sketch.  I think it came out pretty good.

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 2011 Birthday Tags stamp set
Big & Bold Wishes stamp set
Birthday Basics stamp set (inside sentiment) 
Vintage Cream and Sweet Blush card stock
Stampin' Up patterned paper - Sending Love (retired)
Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circles dies
Fillable Frames #4 stamp set & die
Wrinkled Ribbon (made by me!)
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
VersaMagic ink - Red Magic


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

18 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Stephanie.... this is BEAUTIFUL! I keep waffling back and forth on the birthday tags, but this really helps to sell me on them! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

*Vicki* said...

Really pretty card Stephanie!! LOVE your layout design!! TFS HUGS

christy compton hall said...

Yes, it did turn out cute :) I'm wanting those birthday tags now!!!

ashjoy said...

Thanks Stephanie, the challenge was a bit hard for me to grasp with a limited supply of stamp sets to choose from. But wanted to play along.
You are one talented and busy stamper. Love your blog!

Holly said...

It's adorable! I love the seam binding too!

Lee Anne said...

Love the inside! This is a great card!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie I LOVE this! Love how you added the ribbon! Great colors too! Cant wait to ink up my birthday tags!!
Have a GREAT day!

Baseret said...

Cute card,Stephanie!!

Lorraine said...

Pretty! Love the colors you used and your ribbon.

Renee said...

I too keep going back and forth on this set and every time I see one being used...I get more convinced I would use them more than I first thought...
This card is so cute with that tag as the focal point...
love the colors.
It's just adorable!

Karen C. said...

Great card Stephanie. Love your bright and cheery colour choices. The inside sentiment with the Fillable Frames is a super idea!

Margaret M said...

What a pretty card! I really like what you did with the seam binding, will have to remember it!

Amy said...

Wow Stephanie! I love how you did your seam binding....that looks fabulous! I love how you've layered your diecuts with the circle image!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Impressive how you combine challenges and come up with a masterpiece. I can't multi-task like that!

Kristin said...

awesome! and this paper is some of my favorite.

Jen said...

Gorgeous! I love what you've done with the seam binding. The color is fab as is how it is tucked up behind the label. Clever. I also love the matted sentiment inside the card. Very sweet indeed.

Anne B said...

Oh I love what you did with the sketch and what a great idea to use the fillable frame inside - gives it such a polished look. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

That seam binding does look great and loving your layering. Thanks for playing at OTWC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...