Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sympathy of Trees for Sweet Sunday Sketch & PTI's Make It Monday challenges

Hey, Stampers!!!  It's a crafty Thursday!!!
Thanks for visiting today!

Have I mentioned how excited I am that PTI started their Make It Monday challenges???  I just know that these technique videos are going to make me so much better at my card making.

The focus for this week's PTI Make It Monday #2 video is on adding a vellum sentiment strip to your cards.  I had a whole package of PTI's vellum from August and had not opened it up until I made this card.  I was worried I would smear the ink or that it just wouldn't look right........but, I found out that I was totally wrong.  I just love the card I made using the vellum strip!



Here's my card!

I embossed the trees and they are so striking when you see this card.  I just love how this turned out.  I also can not believe how nice this Basic Grey paper matched PTI's Ocean Tides and Aqua Mist.......I just love it together.

For the inside tree, I did stamp it once on scrap paper so that it wasn't as dark as the front.  Just a little something for the inside.


Here's the video that Nichole Heady did for this week!





I also am using my card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch #104 challenge this week.  When I saw that strip going over the top of the focal image, I knew instantly that it would work with this week's MIM challenge.


To me, the scallops were too "cheery" for my sympathy card, so I decided to give the patterned paper in the back some shape, instead.  Using my Creative Memories tearing tool, I ripped the patterned paper to offset the straight strip on the front.  The only thing I needed was something for that little circle.....so, I die cut the smallest leaf using a Leaf Prints die......then I traced it so that the leaf had a border.

You still have until 7:00a.m on Monday to make a card for the PTI challenge.
Why not try vellum?  There is nothing to be afraid of........as I found out today.  ;-)


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Through the Trees stamp set 
Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Basic Grey patterned paper - Marjolaine
Stamper's Select Vellum cardstock
Leaf Prints die
Creative Memories - Tearing Tool 
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Prima e. - Pearls

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

18 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my Stephanie... this is SO beautiful! Very elegant.

Sue Plote said...

Wonderful card, Stephanie. The way you used the trees is perfection and has moved the set to the top of my PTI wish list! Great job!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Lovely card Stephanie,
Its so elegant and soothing, everything a sympathy card should be.

Cathy Weber said...

This is really gorgeous. I love how you ripped the patterned paper in the background and tied it in with the leaf in front. The sentiment strip in velum and scored was very striking. I love the little trees stamped on the inside too. I love how you always "finish" your cards.

Kay said...

Beautiful- I just love those trees!!!

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL. Those trees are probably my favorite out there in the world of stamping. Great take on the challenge Steph!!

Jen said...

Another knock out, Steph! I adore the trees, but must admit, the leaf is just perfect there in that position. The trio of black peals and the cluster of trees is also placed to perfection. It is so tricky to get a sympathy card with just the right amount of reverence and sympathy...and you've done it so elegantly well.

Kristii said...

Such a beautiful card!!! The vellum sentiment is perfect!!!

Jean McKenzie said...

This is a beautiful card - those trees look so striking and I love how you have continued the theme on the inside. A perfect sympathy card.

Rose A said...

Stephanie what a serenly beautiful card! I love the embossing too...and the pp choice is perfect!

Rose A said...

Stephanie what a serenely beautiful card. I love the embossing too and the pp is perfect!!

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors & design.

Amy said...

That sentiment strip look fabulous layered of the trees like that! This set is on my list for so many reasons....now I can go order it! LOL

Angela Laurie said...

What a beautiful card!

I'm Renee said...

A beautiful card...
and sympathy cards are the hardest to pull off!
But you did an incredible job...
love it!

steph said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie- just stunning!

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the colors. I also love the attention you pay to the inside of the card also.

Jeanne said...

This is such a beautiful card. There is such an understated elegance and I love how you did the inside. Great design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...