Friday, February 4, 2011

Steeler Inspired Birthday Card for the Clean & Simple Sunday Sketch & Do More with Less Challenge

Happy Birthday little brother!!!
Well, it's not until Feb. 19th, but I like to work ahead.  ;-)

Tony is a HUGE Steeler fan.  And as I'm writing this, I'll put a little shout out that I hope that the Steelers win Super Bowl  #7 just for him.  It would be awesome if they did just because of this card.....lol  Regardless, I know he'll love the colors and be happy it.



In making his card, I'm trying a "new to me" sketch with this post.  It's the Clean & Simple Sunday #5 Challenge.  It is different from the other Clean & Simple sketch challenges that I have been doing (close in name but 2 different challenge blogs).  Brenda, the creator of the blog, posted a comment on one of my card posts and mentioned joining her challenges.  And since you all know that I just love CAS sketch challenges......I had to check it out.

I really enjoyed using this sketch for the card I made Tony.  It was nice and simple and it was perfect for using my new By the Number dies and Big Birthday Wishes stamps from PTI's January release.

Then, I had remembered Dana Seymour posting on her blog, Kismet, Art & Life, a challenge for stamping on your background paper. This lead me to her guest spot on the Do More With Less blog for the challenge.  You won't see any background stamping on the front of the card (except the sentiment).....but, when you take a peek at the inside..........it's just perfect.



Here's Tony's card!


I think he'll absolutely love the good ole black & gold colors!

Click to enlarge!  I was cracking up as I was putting this inside together.  With the sentiment "Who is counting", the number 36 is floating around a million times with the birthday candles......lol  I promise that I'm not counting, Tony.  Really, I'm not!  ;-)


I really hope that Tony likes his card.  I'm sure if the Steelers win #7........He'll be framing this puppy!  



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Big Birthday Wishes stamp set (outside sentiment)
By the Numbers dies
Mat Stack #5 die
Faux Ribbon stamp set (inside circle border)
Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set (inside sentiment)
Make a Wish stamp set (candle on background inside)
 Make A Wish Additions stamp set ("36th" on background inside)
Hero Arts stamp set - Fanciful Swirl ("36" on background inside) 
Smokey Shadow, Summer Sunrise & True Black card stock
Distressed Dots patterned paper
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black





Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

12 comments:

yyam said...

What a cool card! Love the stamping of 36 all over! ;)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Dana's challenge Stephanie!!! :)

Have a great weekend!

Brenda Dean said...

This card is going to be the STAR! Love it and I'm sure that Tony will too...even if the Steelers don't win (I know...what dirty words!).

Thank you for playing my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge and spreading the word!

Cathy Weber said...

I smiled when I saw the inside of this card Stephanie. So cute. I love how you stamped on the patterned paper. That is who our family is rooting for too! Great card.

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Very cool card, I bet he'll be thrilled!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie I LOVE the card!! The outside, the inside.. just perfect!! He is gonna LOVE it! and I say..
GO STEELERS!!! :)
Have a GREAT weekend!

Camilla said...

Great card! love that you are also working on the inside - I will have to make an effort to do that as well.

Renee said...

Cool card!
And we not live in PA...
and we may only watch Superbowl for the commercials...
but are rooting for the Steelers this year...
especially since the Titans got no where near it! :)
I think he will love it regardless...
excellent job!

Kim O'Connell said...

What a cool card! Love the color combo and I love that you are being a bit "fresh" stamping "36" repeatedly! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! I love it!

Amy said...

What a fantastic guy card! Those numbers are perfect!!!

Holly said...

what a fun birthday card Stephanie! I love the sentiment on the inside!

Lorraine said...

Ooh, perfect male card! Love the colors and the design (including the inside)!

Dana said...

Steph this is so creative! I love the color scheme but that stamping on the inside cracked me up! I love the tiny "36s" all over with the candles. CLEVER!
Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...