Saturday, February 12, 2011

Squigglefly Luck of the Irish card for CPS #204 Sketch Challenge!

It's Saturdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!  Which means.........New images posted over at Squigglefly!!!
Time for another crafty weekend!

Kicking it off today, I made a St. Patrick's day card for the CPS #204 Sketch Challenge!

Love the new Squigglefly Monograph: Frame around this image!

Isn't the font on this sentiment from Squigglefly so fun?

I know!  I know!  It's not even Valentine's Day yet...........but, I'm getting a bit tired of pink.....lol



The CPS challenge was perfect for this card.  Easy sketch for a nice bold image.  I had bought the Luck O' the Irish image from Squigglefly a bit ago, but obviously waited to use it until closer to this holiday.  I did digitally color the Monograph: Frame around it (This is frame #14) and the little clovers in between the sentiment.  I also digitally colored the gold coins to match the yellow in the frame.  And, yep......You guessed it!  The sentiment on the inside (Squigglefly's I'm so Lucky to have You) is also digitally colored to match.



Click to enlarge!
Click to enlarge!
Once it was printed, I then used Copics to color the rainbow and black pot.  I stupidly forgot to load my printer with PTI cardstock so the photo matte paper I used wouldn't allow my Copics to blend very well.  I'll know to pay better attention next time.








Well, that's all for today!
I hope that a lucky weekend lies ahead for ya!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Squigglefly Digitial Images - Monograph: Frames
Squigglefly Digital Images - I'm so Lucky to have You
Squigglefly Digital Images - Luck O' the Irish 
New Leaf & Pinefeather card stock
DCWV - Cotton Bloom Stack 
Beautiful Blooms #2 dies
Harvest Gold & Pinefeather felt
Pinefeather button
The Twinery - Peapod 



Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

2 comments:

Holly said...

Stephanie, this is a wonderful St. Patrick's Day card! I think your rainbow looks great even if you didn't care for the paper with your Copics. That frame really does look great with that image, and I love that little twine tied flower!

Lea L. said...

This is super cute! Loving the rainbow and pot of gold! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...