Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring Bloom card for the OCC Branching Out Challenge

Happy, happy Thursday!

I absolutely loved the OCC challenge this week!  They had their blog followers "branching" out by creating a CAS (clean & simple) project using a tree image.  I immediately thought of PTI's Through the Trees stamp set.

I tried to get a bit creative using some Spring Flowersoft since I am totally ready for spring to arrive.


I distressed all of the edges using my new Tim Holtz edge distressor and then I applied PTI's chai.  I love how aged it made the paper appear.  I distressed the white focal panel, too.....but I used the chamomile for this piece.  After stamping the tree leaves using the Essential Glue Pad, I put some glue on each petal to make the Flowersoft stick.

The wrinkled ribbon is my pride and joy.  I used my PTI Dark Chocolate reinker to die my Hug Snug seam binding and then pulled on a center fiber to make it cinch together.  It was the perfect color to use with this golden yellow and melonberry.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Through the Trees stamp set
Year of Flowers: Morning Glories (sentiment)
Stampin' Up patterned paper - Petals and Paisleys (retired) 
Melonberry card stock
Tim Holtz edge distressor
Tsukineko Essential Glue Pad
Flowersoft - Spring
Chai, Chamomile and Dark Chocolate ink 
Wrinkled Ribbon - Dark Chocolate (dyed by me)


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

16 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

WHOA! That is just beautifil! It is so delicate looking! Love the flower soft and LOVE LOVE LOVE that ribbon!

Tammy said...

Fabulous Stephanie. The tree is just beautiful with the flower flock.

Keva said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie!!! Love the Flower Soft and that seam binding looks great! Very pretty card.

Renee said...

It's beautiful!
I love that Flowersoft!
I've been wanting to try it...but have dallied on it.
You made it look fantastic!:)

christy compton hall said...

Oh my goodness... this is a soft and beautiful card!

Terri said...

Beautiful! The flower soft looks great as leaves.

Cathy Weber said...

All the elements were really nice on this Stephanie, but that wrinkled ribbon should be your pride and joy! I had to zoom in really close to examine it. It turned out so GOOD! Very pretty card.

Sara Mac said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! Love the ruffled ribbon too.

Kay said...

I love this, but feel like a total dork right about now (I have these stamps, and some of this Flower Soft that I've never even used)- thanks for the inspiration!

Jill said...

Stephanie, I LOOOOOOOVE this card! I have never used flowersoft and now . . . I HAVE to have some! And your ribbon--it looks amazing!! I need to add some in white to my shopping list so I can dye it with Copics! Oooh, the possibilities! Thanks for double-enabling me tonight, LOL!

Amy said...

Good gravy girl! I love this! Flower soft is a product I've never tried to use. You brought this tree to life!!

Sharon said...

Stephanie, I just wanted to let you know that your card is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job with the petalsoft, and I love all the distressing! Thank you for playing along in our challenge @ OCC. I hope to see more of your work!

Sarah Gough said...

lol - sorry Stephanie, I was commenting on too many cards at once, didn't mean to call you the wrong name! This is just gorgeous - it's the first card I've seen that makes me want to try flower soft! Thanks for playing at OCC!

Stephanie said...

That's okay, Sarah.......It happens. I knew you were commenting on the correct card, so I just let myself be a "Kim." I've definitely been called worse. ;-)

steph said...

BEAUTIFUL, Stephanie! So many amazing details on this one! And I LOVE the colors you chose- really makes the tree stand out!

Eva said...

I LOVE the flowersoft on the tree...looks so much like a real fall tree. Gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...