Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PTI Happy Birthday Tag Download Card for the Card Patterns #101 Sketch Challenge

Happy Hump Day!
Just 2 more days until the weekend!

I have another birthday card on tap for you today!

My first try at making my own ruffled ribbon using grosgrain.  Not sure I like it.

I just loved this sentiment from Raindrop Echo.



This card was made to fit the Card Patterns #101 Sketch Challenge.  I loved this sketch from the time I saw it.  And since I got my new Tiny Treats: Birthday Mat Stack #5 stamp, I could not wait to ink it up.  It is a larger Mat Stack, so it worked perfectly for this sketch.

I've also been wanting to try making my own ruffled ribbon.  I finally got my 1/2" Scor-Tape, so I was all set to go in making it.  I'm not sure I like how mine turned out.  Maybe there is a learning curve when doing it for the first time, so I will give it another try on another card before I decide if it is for me or not.

That awesome birthday sentiment in the circle came from Nichole Heady's blog on Sunday.  PTI is celebrating it's 4th anniversary and for all of the followers she and the DT created a bunch of tags that we could download.  You can click HERE to get your own set of nine 1 3/4" circle tags to use on your cards.  I just love her surprises!


Thanks for checking out my blog today!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Tiny Treats: Birthdays stamp set
PTI Anniversary Tag Download 
Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides card stock
Ocean Tides ink & grosgrain ribbon
Mat Stack #5 die  
Raindrop Echo digital stamps - Freebie Opportunity Sentiments
Studio 18 - Rhinestones
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dot embossing folder 


  

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh so pretty!! What a gorgeous CAS layout design!!

Emm said...

Very pretty! I really like your mat stack focal point paired with the tag!

Rose said...

Oh how pretty I love this monochromatic colour combo
And the ribbon looks great!!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

What a pretty card Stephanie. That embossed background fits perfectly.

Cathy Weber said...

What a great take on this challenge. You did a really good job on the ribbon. Never tried that one myself, but yours turned out perfectly. Love the inside sentiment too.

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous card! I like the ruffled ribbon you made!

Tammy said...

Just beautiful. Awesome ribbon treatment, really outstanding.

~amy~ said...

really pretty..I haven't played with that ribbon technique...I LOVE the look! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card - love the color too! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...