Thursday, February 10, 2011

PTI Color Challenge - Thinking of You card

Happy, Happy Thursday to you!!!

Yesterday Nicole invited followers to enter a color challenge using some favorite combinations of the DT.  I rushed home and got right to work!  I came up with a pretty cute card if I do say so myself!!!

No stamping required!  Gotta love that sometimes!

Click to enlarge!  It's not very noticeable, but I put Spring Moss ink on the Canvas/Linen impression plate before I embossed the Ripe Avocado.  It really has a soft look.  It is much more apparent in real life than this photo.

The inside sentiment came for Raindrop Echo's free digital sentiments.





When I started my card, I had no idea which DT color palette I was going to work with.  Then I glanced down at my little pile of anniversary tags that I had left and Heather Nichols tag was on the top.  When I saw the Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss and pink.........I knew I was going to chose Melissa Phillips' palette.

I've also combined this with the Clean & Simple Sunday #6 Sketch challenge which is running until February 20th!  If you like the sketch you have plenty of time to join in!


I hope you liked my Color Challenge Card!!!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 PTI 4th Anniversary Tags - Download HERE
Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circles
Simply Chartreuse felt 
Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, and Hibiscus Burst card stock
Pink Patterns patterned paper
Sweet Blush grosgrain ribbon  
Linen/Canvas impression plate
Spring Moss ink
Raindrop Echo Designs  - Relaxation sentiments (digital freebie)


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

7 comments:

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful! Love how you turned the sketch sideways.

Thank you for playing my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh, I love this sketch! Will have to play along tonight! Love the use of the free PTI downloads! Really pretty card!

Cathy Weber said...

I really like this one Stephanie. You made great use of those free tags! This is just my CAS style. Can't believe no stamping!

Amy said...

Beautiful card! Love all the textures with the felt, ribbon and paper embossing.

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Lovely card! I love the sentiment on the inside.

Terri said...

Great job. That tag works perfectly with those colors.

Mad for Paper said...

Very nice! the patterned paper and tag look like they were made to go together.
TFS
Ang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...