Saturday, February 12, 2011

Make it Monday Go-To Sentiment Card for PTI challenge and Card Patterns #102 Sketch Challenge

Wow!  Wow!  Wow!
I just loved making this card for the PTI Make It Monday Challenge!  I used 11 stamp sets (if you count the inside sentiment, too).  I'm totally amazed!

Starting this week, every Monday, PTI is going to have a technique video on their YouTube channel which will have a PTI member or Nichole showcasing a nice balance of basics and new innovations to cater to everyone's skill levels.  You can click HERE to get all of the specifics.

You get to create a card(s) and post it to the PTI Facebook page any day during that week and one card will be chosen and posted through PTI's new Twitter account.  Once the 6 cards are chosen through the week, they will be put into a random drawing and the winner will get a stamp set of their choice.

Here is my Go-To Sentiment card for Week 1!!!
This turned out so pretty!  I love how I could mix several sentiments for this card.

Feel free to click to enlarge.

I also decided to use Card Patterns' Sketch Challenge #102 for some inspiration. As you can tell, I did rotate the sketch in order to have the panels work with all of the sentiments.



If you'd like to watch the first video for the PTI Make It Monday challenge, I've embeded the video below.  I can see making many, many cards using this technique.







Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):

Panel #1
Paper Trey stamp set
Make A Wish stamp set
Round & About stamp set
Fillable Frames #7 stamp set

Panel #2
Signature Greetings stamp set

Panel #3
Simple Sentiments stamp set
Communique Curves stamp set
Framed stamp set
Faux Ribbon Stamp set
Mat Stack #3 Collection stamp set


Hibiscus Burst and Stamper's Select White card stock
Pink Patterns patterned paper
Year of Flowers: Daffodils stamp set (inside sentiment)
Beautiful Blooms #3 dies

Raspberry Fizz & Ripe Avocado ink
Raspberry Fizz & Simply Chartreuse felt
Holiday Mix Vintage button
The Twinery - Pink Sorbet


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

15 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Great job on the challenge Stephanie. I really like what you've done.

Kristii said...

I totally love your take on the challenges!!! I love how you used so many different PTI stamps for this card!!!

Karen C. said...

Great use of all those sentiment stamps, Stephanie. The center panel, using a different colour and the larger sentiment really gives a super focal point. Love the flower too - so sweet.

Jen said...

Great card. So novel. I'd of never thought of creating a card using a triptyche. Golly you're good.

Kay said...

Beautiful! I love the colors, the clean lines, and your sentiment(s) placement! 11 sets- I think you might win the prize for most sets used on one card!

Kim O'Connell said...

11 stamps sets?!?!? Sombody call Guinness World Records! It's a beauty as usual!

Jill said...

Wow, Stephanie, 11 sets? That's awesome! :-) I love how this turned out--using that sketch was a great idea as it makes the sentiments stand out, IMHO. What a sweet felt flower with the baker's twine! And, of course, it's PINK, yay! :-D

Ginny said...

Such a beautiful card, I really like your little sections of setiments and colors work so well together!!

Steph H said...

Nothing like being so creative you can enter two challenges at once! You used a ton of PTI sentiments, some of my faves, and the color combo you chose is once of my go-to combos as well. Very nice!

Steph H said...

Lovely card Stepanie. Love your ability to enter to challenges with the same design - great time management! A ton of PTI sentiments and a color combo that is one of my faves.

~amy~ said...

Love your great...such fun feltie fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Patterns!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Love the colour combo, and how you used the three panels! Great card.

Chris said...

Love the three panels! Great sketch, and perfect Make it Monday entry, too!

NinaB said...

Great idea filling the panels with diff sentiments. Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

Amy said...

So many stamp sets....but don't you feel good using them? I know I used stamps that I didn't even know I had for this challenge. It really got you to look through your stash and have fun! Great layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...