Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Smile for the Gina K. Color Challenge and the MFT Sketch Challenge

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!!
Can you believe it's February 1st?
Yeesh!  The first month of 2011 sure flew by quickly!





Today I have a card inspired by the two challenges above.......Gina K.'s #10 Color Challenge and the MFT #4 Sketch Challenge.  Both of these challenges were just perfect together, but I didn't want to make another Valentine's day card using the red, black and white.......So, I figured that my most favorite line of girly stamps (MFT - A la Modes) would have something that would work with those colors.  When I opened my binder and was going through my choices........the camera in the Picture Perfect stamp set was the answer to my wishes!!! Perfect for the color challenge and it wasn't a Valentine's day card!


Take a peek!

Doesn't this image work perfectly for the color challenge?  I just love how this all pulled together.

A close-up of the bling, blingy flash.......lol  It does look really cute in person.  Basically a rhinestone sticker and some Martha Stewart glitter glue.  Not sure you can see the Diamond Glaze on the window panel.....but that really looks cute, too.

Since I used the "Just smile" on the outside of the card, I was so excited to find this for the inside sentiment.  They work so perfectly together for this card!  Is it bad to hope a friend has a bad day so that I can give this to them?? 





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
MFT - A la Modes: Picture Perfect 
Paper Trey stamp set (outside sentiment) 
MFT - Decorative Doily die
Pure Poppy satin ribbon
Pure Poppy, True Black & Stamper's Select White card stock
YOF: Marigolds (inside sentiment)
Elements - Crystal Sticker
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Sterling
Diamond Glaze
Copic markers - 110, E11, E00, E000, E59, E57, E55, R29, R27, R24, C3, C5, C7, C9




Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

8 comments:

Renee said...

I LOVE it!
And no...
it could just be a bad hair day...
and friends always need a pick me up when that happens:)

Amy said...

You pulled both of these challenges together so beautifully!! Don't you just love that doily? and now are excited for the PTI one? ahhh....can't wait!

Kim O'Connell said...

Yay! You inked up an a la mode! Just love those images! Nice combo of the challenges, smarty pants!

Kristin said...

This is SOOOO good!! love it!

Danielle said...

Love this card, it's so cute!! I love the doily and am super excited about this PTI release!!

christy compton hall said...

I was drawn in right away with the doily and big red bow, but the details you put into the camera steal the show! Great card :)

Anne B said...

Super cute - love all those little touches and it would make anyone's day :)

Lorraine said...

Pretty! Love the striking colors, doily die cut and the little bling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...