Friday, February 25, 2011

Hey There Friend for Moxie Fab World & CardPatterns Challenges

It's Friday!
It's Friday!
I'm doin' the happy dance for Friday!!!

I received my PTI Anniversary stamps this week and I did get to ink a few of them up.  Oh, what lovely, lovely stamps they had in February!!!  The card I created was really out of my comfort zone because of colors and size!  I'm used to making the standard 4.25"x5.5" card......but this one is a 5"x7"!  It looks so huge!  But I needed it to for the Hello Friend dies and stamps.  It turned out rather perfect, if I do say so myself.......lol

Very CAS, but so, so pretty!  I actually love these colors together and would have never reached for them, if not for the Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger!

Just a simple flower border to dress up the inside.

As mentioned above, I did get inspiration from Moxie Fab Word's Tuesday Trigger Challenge.  I have looked at these inspiration challenges for over 4 months and they always intimidate the heck out of me.  I mean, have you ever seen the things that everyone produces from these challenges??? They are just amazing and blow me away every week! When I saw this week's challenge, and I had just received my Hello Friend stamp set from PTI's newest release, I knew that I wanted to use the two together.

I also got some inspiration from Card Patterns #103 Sketch challenge.  It worked perfectly with the 3 different flowers in the stamp set and I got to make some buttons, too!




BTW........Aren't you just loving the new Royal Velvet card stock that is the base of this card??? OMG, it's just luscious!!!  Pairs perfectly with Memento Grape Jelly ink.  I mean, PERFECTLY!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Hello Friend stamp set
Bitty Background Blocks stamp set
Big & Bold Wishes stamp set
Around & About Circles stamp set (border inside) 
Royal Velvet and Stamper's Select White card stock
Friendly Flower die
Buttoned Up #2 die
Orange Zest ink
VersaFine ink - Deep Lagoon
Memento ink - Grape Jelly
Studio G. ink - Gold

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

13 comments:

Jessie said...

Love your card! I now know I really need this set! It is so cute! Happy Friday!

Kim O'Connell said...

LOve the royal velvet and thanks for the tip on the matching momento ink! Beatiful CAS card, Stephanie!

~amy~ said...

Nice combo of challenges! Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

What a FAB card! It matches the trigger photo so well!

Linda said...

Very cute card! I just got my February release package and haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Love seeing what people have done with it already! Great job!

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous card! I love the simplicity of this and those bold colors. So happy you could help Card Patterns celebrate our 2nd anniversary!

Jen said...

Wow! Stephanie, another stunner! I can't get over how inky and gorgeous RV looks. I didn't order any so have to live vicariously through your creations. Lucky for me this is a darn fine creation at that. You are so very inspiring! Thank you!

Kristin said...

I love your card. Didn't get to order anything in Feb... so I'm missing out on the RV love... but it looks amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on some :-)

steph said...

Love, love, love your card, Stephanie! Super cute and that royal velvet cardstock is gorg... just beautiful!

I'm Renee said...

Adorable!
Love those colors!
And the Royal Velvet is absolutely gorgeous...
I'm not even a purple person but I am totally in love with it!

Amy said...

I for one am LOVING the RV color! You have used it perfectly here! Thanks for the tip on the inky color!

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the flowers, the RV paper and your colors match the Tuesday Trigger pillow so well!

Cath said...

Hey Stephanie! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...