Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Spring for C&S, CR84FN and Crazy 4 Challenges!!!

Happy, Happy Wednesday to you!

I'm hoping that this card will MAKE spring arrive..........since Monday night we got buried in a ton of snow in Pennsylvania! 

I was so happy that I had a Copic marker to match the lilac base card.  It matches perfectly!

This little cutie bunny needed some love, so I just had to create a fun card using it.  This was in my February shipment from the {stamps} of life.  I love being in Stephanie's club because I probably would have never bought this set, but now that I have it.......I adore it!  Don't you just love the little bunny patterned paper that I made using the 2 smaller bunnies in this set?  I did the light/dark stamping technique that Stephanie showed in one of her videos.  It really turned out much better than I thought it would.

I used several challenges to create this card.  The first one to inspire me was the Clean & Simple #128 Sketch Challenge.  As soon as I saw that large die cut, I knew that the bunny would fit.  Then, since Crazy 4 Challenges has a challenge to use die cuts on your card........this definitely worked!  Finally, I needed some color inspiration......enter the CR84FN #16 Color Challenge



Materials Used: 
the {stamps} of life - Bunny4Easter (big bunny and smaller background bunnies)
PTI card stock - Soft Stone and Sweet Blush
Taylored Expressions card stock - Lupine
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Simply Delightful (dark gray matting) 
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Curved Rectangles  
Memento ink - London Fog
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Stampin' Up - Square Lattice embossing folder
Copic markers - C3, C5, RV11, V04

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your card is adorable! Love that bunny, your coloring, the spring colors and cool background you created!

Amy said...

What an adorable image! We've had some spring-like weather lately but I think the weather man has more snow in the forecast for us!

Chris said...

LOL! That little bunny holding the sign is sweet! It reminds me of our Easter cards from a few years back... we used to take a pic of our little one with one of those rabbit ear headbands on, and he would be holding a Happy Easter sign... those were our photo cards!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

How cute is that bunny! I love how the patterned paper behind it has these faint silhouettes of bunnies hoping along, too too cute!

Stella said...

Your card is cute and beautiful; that bunny is adorable! :)
Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Awe, what an adorable card Stephanie! Love the embossed BG and that bunny is precious! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Linda said...

Very cute Stephanie! I just love this stamp set too! Like you, it's probably a set I wouldn't have gotten if I weren't a club member, but I've already used it a lot. Great job coloring the bunny!

Andrea M said...

Happy spring indeed! I'm sure it can't come a moment too soon! Your card is sweet and very spring-y! Fantastic use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Meredith said...

What a sweet little bunny! Almost makes me forget that it's below zero around here these days... thanks for playing with CR84FN this week!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Lovely card, Stephanie! The bunny is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Debgem said...

Such a cute spring bunny - great colouring. Love the texture in the backing too. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...