Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday for Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge and OTWC Color Challenge

Happy Sunday, everyone!!!

Late post for me, but I've been crafty pretty much all day. 

Today's card features more of that new Royal Velvet card stock from PTI!!! I am just loving the deep richness of this color.  It's so......so.......majestic looking!  I also used the Royal Velvet satin ribbon, but in this picture it looks much more blue than it does in real life.

So, about 2 weeks ago I won a challenge from Skipping Stones designs and I got their new stamp set Pumpkin Seeds Sentiments for free!!!!  I got the set yesterday and couldn't wait to ink it up!  Since they have an awesome sketch challenge this week........I had to feature THEIR own stamps!!!

I created the background using this new set!!! I just love it!  With the monochromatic colors it turned out beautiful!

More of the background paper I made on the inside just to add a bit of an accent.

As mentioned above, I am using this for the Skipping Stones Design #65 Sketch Challenge for this week.  I also paired it with the Off the Wall Craftiness #47 Challenge since it used purple and lavendar......Yep!......Another chance to use Royal Velvet.....lol





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Skipping Stones - Pumpkin Seeds Sentiments stamp set
2011 Birthday Tags stamp set (inside sentiment)
Fillable Frames #4 stamp set & die
Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding and White card stock
Royal Velvet satin ribbon
Memento ink - Grape Jelly
White Snow ink

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

14 comments:

Jessie said...

Great card! Love the royal velvet paper! Thinking it will be part of my next order!

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

Love the colors and what you did with the ribbon. These colors look very rich and elegant. I didn't order the royal velvet but now I will have to put it in my next order after seeing your card.

Amy said...

I like this new SS stamp set too. You have stamped it perfectly! What a great job using that new color for the OTWC challenge too!

**Did you see that our cards were featured on the SS blog? :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Congrats on your win, show off! ;) Love what you've done with your winnings! So regal looking!

Wendy said...

Fantastic cards Stephanie...Thanks for taking the time to play along with Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday!! Please post this in our Facebook album. We are throwing around featuring stampers that post on our wall!!! We'd love to see you there!! Have a super day!

Ann Kranitz said...

Great colors. Love this. Thanks for playing along with us at SSD

~amy~ said...

gorgeous and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Brenda Weaver said...

Great card! I love what you did with Pumpkin Seeds. It's such a great set. Enjoy it!! Thanks for playing along at SSD!

Barb's Boys said...

What a great card! Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design last week.

Kandi Phillips said...

Gorgeous job I love what you've done with this set! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Sam said...

A lovely card Stephanie! I love the Royal Velvet too...so rich and beautiful.

:o)
Sam.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a awesome card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Elegant elegant card! Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC and Good Luck!

Emily said...

Oh, cool-- I love the purple ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...