Monday, February 21, 2011

Digital Delights Squigglefly Challenge!!!

Happy, Happy Monday to you!!!

If it's Monday, that means there is another Squigglefly challenge ready to go for you!

This is such a fun challenge!  Vickie has us creating some Digital Delights!!!  What are Digital Delights you ask.............A card with lots of Ds!!!

We are putting emphasis on the letter "D" today and all week!  When making your creation, be sure to use/add something that starts with the letter "D".......like a "digital image" from Squigglefly!!!  So, use things like dots, decorative papers, dew drops, doilies, deco paint.....You get the idea, right?


Here's my creation!!!

This is the little 4"x4" card all folded up!

This is the card opened!  Isn't it just so pretty?

You have to see the glittery diamond affect of the Smooch!  Click to enlarge this picture and you will see it perfectly!

The Copics used to color the image.

So, where are my Ds???  First I used a new Digital image by Revi Devi Paat called Under the Sea.  I made the card 3-Dimensional and in a Diamond shaped by following this VIDEO TUTORIAL.  You can't see it but the mermaid panel is on Dimensionals to give it even more of a pop.  I also glitzed it up using Smooch Pearlized Top Coat so that it appears like the mermaid is all glittery like Diamonds.  Finally, I added a Doily to the side panels so that I could write on them.

The sentiment came from the movie Little Mermaid and was just perfect for a darling little student that moved out of our school district on Friday.  What little girl doesn't like Ariel the mermaid.  Since she was disappointed that she was leaving, I thought this quote from the movie would definitely cheer her up.....and it DID!  I'll miss my little Britty-girl and her laughter, but I know she'll be just fine.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Under the Sea
Recollections - Colored Core card stock
Smooch - Pearlized Top Coat 
4" Paper Doily  
Copic markers

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Stephanie, this is so so DARLING!!! :) I love your use of this sweet little image and such a very clever project too!! I was correct with a couple of the "D"s, but I missed a few of them!! You are so so clever girl!! I love this and what you've done!! Thanks for another brilliant challenge card and now I'm off to check out your tutorial!! :) HUGS

Amy said...

This is so creative Stephanie! Your image is colored so sweet too! Love the doily....can't wait to get mine from PTI! :)

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so adorable! Love that sweet image and your card design is cool!

Holly said...

Darling card Stephanie, and I'll bet your little friend loved the card and will remember you always for this.
The shimmer on her is wonderful!

Dani said...

What a sweet and cute card! Love it!!

Patricia St Martin said...

I have something on my blog for you stop by and check it out.

christy compton hall said...

Awesome! What a fun card design! An adorable image too :)

Jill said...

Such a sweet little card! What a nice teacher you are!

Rebecca said...

How cool is that diamond??? Definitely Divine!

JanR said...

So sweet, what a neat "fold"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...