Thursday, February 24, 2011

Coffee Break for Totally Hues & CPS Challenges

Hello, friends!!!
It's almost Friday!!!

Today, I'm using another new stamp set from the {stamps} of life........Coffee4two.  You have already seen one card this week using Stephanie's stamps (that's the owner's/creator's name) but I had to use another set that I am just smitten with!!! 


Here ya go!
I may need this myself!

The coffee cup was made by paper-piecing some dark brown Marjolaine paper and Ocean Tides to make the "non-traditional" colored cup.  I know it would normally have a white lid, but I was afraid it would get lost with the doily behind it.....So, I'm saying this cup is going green.......well, blue.......well, a grayish blue green......lol

The inside turned out perfectly!  If you need a break, why not grab a cup of coffee with a friend.  Right?




I've entered my card into a new challenge (for me) and an all time favorite. 

I honestly can't tell you where I read about the Totally Hues challenges, but Thank-you so much to whoever did post about it.  I just love that the colors are PTI because I have them ALL!!!  But, the combination of colors is what makes these challenges amazing!  I'm disappointed that I didn't get to play along with the very first challenge.......but, I am definitely here for the Totally Hues #2 Challenge.

The sketch challenge comes from one of my favorites.  Card Positioning Systems #206 Sketch Challenge is always one of my "go tos."  I was stumped at first as to what I would use as my large circle and then I thought of the doily.  I'm hoping it may remind the recipient of a fancy napkin......lol



So, since you now want a good ole cuppa joe.......Go get one!  With a friend!
Cheers!


Materials Used:
 the {stamps} of life - Coffe4two
PTI - TT: Halloween (Mat stamp inside)
PTI - Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides card stock
Basic Grey patterned paper - Marjolaine
PTI ink - Ocean Tides & Dark Chocolate  
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
PTI - Mat Stack #4 & Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circle dies
Inkssentials Opaque pen - white
6" paper doily

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

6 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

I love this color combo and love how you did the paper piecing on te coffee cup! Will have to check out Totally Hues, too!

Linda said...

Love this card Stephanie! I didn't get this stamp set but I am tempted too; just not sure if I'd really use it. I have other coffee/tea sets and haven't used them yet. You are making it harder for me to resist this one. Great job!

Kelly said...

I must check out that color challenge... great job!

Denise said...

I am CRAZY for coffee - LOVE the stamp! Off the check out the color challenge... you are always so on top of things, girl!!

Jessie said...

This card is great! I am always looking for coffee themed stamps! One of my favorite drinks!!

Heather P. said...

This is fantastic!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...