Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blooming Get Well Wishes for Color Throwdown & 365 Cards

Good morning, everyone!
Happy Tuesday to you!

I have to apologize for not posting anything over the weekend.......I was just having some "mojo" issues and couldn't make myself do anything.  Not sure why......but, I made myself get crafty last night so that I would have this to post.

After PTI's January blog hop, I had taken notes on several cards that I had seen in others' blogs to use certain stamp sets that haven't seen ink or that I've only used a few times.  Blooming Button Bits is one such set.  I love all of the Button Bits sets, but I haven't pulled them out lately.....so, after last night, that item is officially crossed of my list! 

I also got to use the new Healing Sentiments set that I haven't even put away yet.  Yikes, my February release order should be here this week and I still have January release items sitting on my desk!


I swear that I just love every single paper in this Basic Grey - Marjolaine pad!!  I could just make a ton of cards using these colors!!!

Sneak peek to the inside, but I just wanted you to see the dimension on the front.

I just love, love, love these Healing Touch sentiments!  They are so perfect for anyone feeling under the weather!

This card was inspired by a new challenge that I have come across.  It's called Color Throwdown and supplies new color challenges every Wednesday.  I read about it on Keva's blog (which you should check out because she just rocks her colors and cards), so I decided to play along, too.

I also used the 365 Cards -Day 357 Sketch Challenge.  I really liked the simple, clean style of this and it worked perfectly with that great big flower!





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Blooming Button Bits stamp set
Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set (inside) 
Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado & Spring Rain card stock  
Basic Grey patterned paper- Marjolaine
Blueberry Sky button 
VersaMagic ink - Aegean Blue
Misc. Ribbon (It just happened to match perfectly!)



Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

13 comments:

Lisa V. said...

This is a great card and it really fits the two challenges perfectly. I love the inside and out treatment. It adds so much to the card and gives the recipient a little treat too. Well Done.

Keva said...

I,too, loev the Marjolaine papers. They're just perfect. Your card is adorable. Great job on the sketch and I love the strip of paper on the inside.

Sharon said...

Stephanie I love the paper you used on this card. I will have to look for this pad. Once again I am always so impressed with the detail you used on the inside of the card.

Lorraine said...

This is pretty, Stephanie! Love the colors, your take on the sketch, and the sentiment.

Cathy Weber said...

What a really great take on this sketch Stephanie. Before I realized it was from a sketch, I really liked how that image was turned kind of sideways instead of straight up. Now that I know, it is just perfect for this sketch. The patterned paper is unique and as always, great inside of the card.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

What a pretty card, I love your take on the sketch too, I would have thought it was a difficult one, but you mastered it!

Anne B said...

Love your take on the sketch and those papers are gorgeous too. Love what you did with the inside of the card - that's something I often struggle with!

Jen said...

What a fab card. I hope creating this beauty has blown away some of the crafting cobwebs. Your mojo is certianly back in the building with this little number. What a novel sketch to build on. Your take is so innovative. I am totally with you on Marjolaine. It always gets me going. I love how both the card front and inside are so well put together/groomed (if a card can even be groomed?) Gosh you're good and inspire me a ton. Thank you for that!

Manoli Navarro said...

Una gran interpretaciĆ³n del Sketch!!
Gracias por jugar con nosotros en 365 cards

Rose said...

beautiful is just what this card is and i love the colors :)

wendipooh13 said...

such a lovely card and love the clean lines!!!! great inside

Pam said...

Beautiful combo card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...