Monday, January 17, 2011

Women are like Tea Bags card for Off the Wall Craftiness Color Challenge and Skipping Stones #59 Sketch Challenge

Hi, all!  I'm back!  Yep......2nd post for the day, so if you missed the first, please scroll down under this post to see my first card that I'm using for the Squigglefly Challenge this week!


It's Squigglefly Monday and this is my 2nd card done with a Squigglefly image!



This turned out much better than I thought......lol  I was determined to make a card using the Off the Wall Craftiness Color Challenge this week, but all I could think of was Halloween (purple, green and black)!!! So, with that creative block already in place, I thought this would be pretty difficult.  But, Squigglefly's PCP and SNR forums were having a competition (Click here to see my post announcing that challenge) and the colors required to use are black and white.....so, if I were to use one of their images, I could possibly make this work.  Finally, I used Skipping Stones #59 Sketch to pull everything together.



Here's my card!


It doesn't look too Halloween-ish, does it?
There are some pretty neat things I am so proud about on this card.  First, I'm not sure you can see them, but each of the flowers has a little Tiny Twinkle in the center.  I absolutely love these.  I ordered them from Taylored Expressions and have been using them quite a bit on those tiny spots that just need "something."

Again.......I'm using my own hand-crafted wrinkled ribbon to match the colors I use on my card.  This purple turned out awesome.

Finally, I used a white button in one of PTI's button assortments and colored it with my G14 Copic marker (the same color I used for the flower).  I love that your Copics color ANYTHING!  It makes it so easy to match colors you use with your images.

Love this inside sentiment!


Materials Used:
 Squigglefly - Women are like teabags (2 images & 1 sentiment)
PTI - True Black card stock
Color Basics patterned paper - Black & White
Wrinkled Ribbon - Hand-Crafted by ME!!!
PTI - White button (colored with G14 Copic marker)
Taylored Expressions Tiny Twinkles - Crystal
Studio 18 - Rhinestones
Copic markers - V15, V17, G14, C3, C7, E57, E59, R27



Thanks for checking out my blog today!  

13 comments:

Holly said...

I really love this card Stephanie. the color combination is really nice and I love your touch of twinkles in the flowers and along the bottom! Your ribbon is really fantastic - I love the crinkled look!

Denise said...

Tiny Twinkles - ohh, I need to break those out! Your card {and sentiment} are darling!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Girl, you've done a fabulous job with putting everything together like this!! So impressed with this and I love your yummy ribbons!! ;) Don't forget to add this to the challenge blog in the In Linkz!! HUGS

Amy said...

Stephanie you always do such a good job with these challenges! Love the wrinkle ribbon! Thanks for sharing your card with OTWC this week!

Karen C. said...

Such a yummy looking card with the colour combo and pretty wrinkle ribbon.

IamDerby said...

It doesnt look Halloweenish at all! Very pretty.

Terri said...

Great card! Love the little twinkles on the flowers and the wrinkle ribbon too!

Kristin said...

This is a fabulous card!! you have been so super busy!!

Barb's Boys said...

Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

~Tammy~ said...

Love your ribbon Stephanie! I keep saying I am going to do my own and never do. Thanks for linking up your card with us this week at OTWC and Good Luck! :-)

~amy~ said...

sooo fun! love that tea cup! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This turned out great and it doesn't look Halloween at all! I love your died ribbon and custom colored button. Thanks for playing at OTWC.

Amy Sheffer said...

This is awesome! I didn't see "Halloween" at all! Just a gorgeous mug and card design! Great job with the SDD sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...