Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wishing You Comfort for Gina K.'s Sketch #9 Challenge

I have all day today to be creative and I'm loving every minute of it.  I've finished a few cards and have them ready for this week.  I love fun, productive weekends!

I got a new printer for Christmas (a Canon MG5120) and before I could take it out of the box, I had to deplete the old Dell printer of the ink that it had left.  So, I started printing some of the Color Couture  patterned paper.  I had just gotten more ink before Christmas so I put in the new color cartridge and went to work.  I only got 13 papers printed before it was done.  Isn't that amazing???  I'm really hoping that this new printer does NOT go through the ink as quickly.  Time will tell.  Okay, so on with the details of the card....lol

I really liked Gina K.'s sketch this week.  Another very simple one, that you can really dress up as much as you want.  Then I picked one of her stamp sets to use.  I received her Many Wishes set as a freebie for ordering over $35 in December.  I hadn't tried it out yet and thought this would be perfect timing.  WOW is this set just beautiful.  The details in the dandelions are just amazing.  I'm definitely going to have to use this set more often.








Here's my card!


Don't you just love those little parachuting seeds?  I love that this stamp was made for the set.  It's just perfect.

The inside (click to enlarge).  I stamped off the Dark Chocolate ink on scrap paper before stamping again on the inside of this card.  I just wanted to dress up the inside a little bit.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Gina K. - Many Wishes stamp set
Color Couture - March download 
Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen and Kraft card stock  
Woodgrain impression plate 
Dark Chocolate ink  
Tim Holtz distress ink - Fine Linen


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

11 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Very pretty card. I especially love the inside of this card. Those floating seeds are really a subtle touch on the inside.

Linda said...

Great card!

Kristin said...

love the card so much!! all day crafting is the best :-)

Elle said...

When this card opened up on my screen, my exact words were..."Oh my God How Beautiful!!!!!" So So So Beautiful. This make cause me to have to order this stamp set. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I LOVE this card! I don't have any clue as to why, but I love dandelions! This is perfect!!

Monica K. said...

Stephanie, this is so gorgeous!! I love it! The dandelions are awesome with the woodgrain and I love the stamping inside too.

Basement Stamper said...

I love that set and it looks beautiful on your card.

Jen said...

Aww, Stephanie this is so pretty. I love wishes and you have made one captivating card showcasing it. Love the texture of the woodgrain IP with the danadalion wish. A marriage made in heaven.

Marie Gamber said...

This card is just lovely Stephanie! I saw your work in Gina K's gallery and decided to hop on over and see your blog. It is just wonderful!

Sue Ann said...

I ADORE THAT STAMP!!!! And the pop of color on the front is perfect!!! Beautiful card Stephanie!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

WOW! I LOVE what you have done wit that sketch! That PP is beautiful! The image is so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...