Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine's Day card for CR84FN Color Challenge & Card Patterns Sketch Challenge

Good Morning, everyone!!!

I have a really neat card for you all today.  My very first gate fold card........I loved making it, but fastening it proved so difficult for me.  I came up with a solution, but I'll explain later in the post.



 Here are the 2 challenges for which this card will be submitted.


As always, I picked a sketch and color challenge to work with and they both ROCKED!!!  Can I just say how much I love, love, love Card Patterns challenges?  This one  (Sketch #98) pushed me because as I mentioned above, the first thing I thought of when I looked at it was.......GATE FOLD CARD!!!  The color challenge from CR84FN was awesome!!!  I think their color challenges are going to be replacing some of the other ones I do because I just loveeeeeeeee them! 

Don't you just love all that glittery goodness???  And what about the curved sentiment???  ;-)
I just love my little background!  I know it's simple, but I used Nicole's technique of putting a whole bunch of stamps on my acrylic block all at once (gee, you would have thought that I could think of that one on my own.....lol).  So, all of those little hearts in PTI's Love Songs went on there......including the little XO and I just kept turning my block and stamping.  It came out really cute.

You have to click on the photo to see it up close.  It looks awesome!

Keeping the "gates" closed was so difficult for me.  I'm thinking it is because the doily die cut is made of paper and not card stock.  So, it doesn't seem rigid enough to hold very well.  My solution was to put a red brad under the bow, and sort of tuck the doily underneath the brad to keep it closed.  It's working for now, but I'm not sure how long it will hold.

The cute inside!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Love Songs stamp set
Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Pure Poppy and Stamper's Select White cs
MFT - Decorative Doily die
Limitless Layers: Circles 1 3/4" dies
ColorBok glitter paper pack - Red
VersaFine ink - Crimson Red & Vintage Sepia
Taylored Expressions ribbon - Red Swirl Organdy



Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

23 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

ooooooh! SO pretty! Nicely done! Love this sketch! It is on my list of things to do today. I just need to get something out of the way first.......something called "going to work." Sigh. ;)

Debbie Gaydos said...

What a fun, sweet card! LOVE the glitter! You are making me want that dioly die, lol..... must...resist... ;)

Kara said...

you know me, i Do love the glitter:) beautiful card...i need this set!

Karen C. said...

Stephanie, your card is luscious! I love all the glitter and that doily is just gorgeous.

Mariana said...

My that doily sure is beautiful! Love everything about the card!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my Stephanie! I LOVE the glittery-shimmery doily and that tray oh hearts looks scrumptious! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN-hope you join us again :)

Laurie said...

Totally adorable! I love the fold and the glittery doily!

Evita Bilkina said...

A lovely card! I like it very much! :))

Lorraine said...

Ooh, Gorgeous, Stephanie! You rocked the gate-fold card and love the colors, glimmer & ribbon!

Debgem said...

Such a sweet card!! The background is such fun, and I really like that plate of hearts. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Kelly said...

So pretty! I love the glittery doily and all of the layers.

Vanessa said...

I love that glittered doily! Beautiful card, Stephanie!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

This card is so pretty!You know I love the glittered doily the best!! The whole card is adorable though, even the inside!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the sentiment!

Andrea M said...

Fabulous shimmery doily!!! Makes for a beautiful focal point!!! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this gate fold card! The sparkly doily is just FAB and I love the inside, too! So GLAD you like our color challenge! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Janelle said...

So pretty, Stephanie. Love that you turned the sketch into a gatefold card... perfect! That glittery doily is awesome. Love that whole focal point. Great card!

Linda said...

Love the glitter on the doily! And I really like the background. Great job!

Emily said...

Very pretty, Steph! I love the glittery doily!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Gate Fold card, love the sparkly doily! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

Meredith said...

At least the inside is so pretty that if it won't stay closed, there's still something to admire! I love how you created your background yourself, and I think the sparkly doily is beautiful! Thanks for playing with CR84FN :)

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie! Love the glittery doily! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Amy said...

I love gatefold cards and totally thought about doing one for this challenge as well! Beautiful glittery doilies!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...