Saturday, January 1, 2011

Squigglefly - Bright Life for the CPS Sketch Challenge!

Happy New Year!!!! 

Yes........I can't believe it is 1-1-11 and that we'll have a 1-11-11 and finally a 11-11-11 this upcoming year......lol  Okay, I'm just being a bit goofy, but that is really unique.....Don't you think?

I did not create a traditional New Year's card but I did want to create a card to celebrate.  But the card I'm sharing today is to every one of you that "Brighten up my life!"  I'm truly blessed to find this hobby and all of you who are so talented and willing to share with me.  I can't wait to continue this journey into 2011 with you!



With the end of 2010 has come time to make some cards and tutorials!!! You will have to be sure to check back on Monday because I've prepared a tutorial on the following card and several more using the same technique!!  These are going to be my Squigglefly Monday Feature so be sure to check it out!

CPS is allowing followers to pick their own sketch for their last challenge of the year.  They are calling this week's sketch challenge: 2010 Year in Review.......and how appropriate to do so.  I chose sketch #189 to use with another Squigglefly image!   This sketch worked just perfectly with Bright Life.  This image also has a nice price when you consider it has the image AND the sentiment.

As I mentioned before, if you like this card, please stop back Monday because I have a really neat tutorial to go with this image........and by then, two more cards using it!  ;-)




Here ya go!

I almost want to reach in and pull that cord!  LOL


Inside is the sentiment that comes along with the image.


Materials Used:
Squigglefly - Bright Life
October Afternoon design paper - Modern Homemaker
PTI - Inside & Out: Thank You stamp set (front sentiment)
PTI - Summer Sunrise card stock
Taylored Expressions - Aqua card stock
VersaFine - Onyx Black

Thanks so much for taking the time during the first day of the year to look at my blog. 

Hmmmmmmm.......My mom always said, "Whatever you do on the first day of the year will continue throughout the rest.".....so, I better get to stamping!!  ;-)


13 comments:

Holly said...

Stephanie, your card is wonderful! I love the paper piecing on the lamp shade and the rounded corners on the image panel. Fabulous bow too! Can't wait to see your tutorial!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh what a cute card! I'll look forward to the tutorial. Maybe I'll finally try a digi stamp, I have a few saved on my computer already but have never used them! Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Love the lamp shade! Cute cards!

Terri said...

Happy New Year! Cute Card! I look forward to seeing your tutorial.

Sue Ann said...

Happy New Year..... I love the paper and the light with the sentiment is perfect!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Diggin' that lamp shade! Looking forward to the tutoria! Will be back Monday! Happy New year, Stephanie!

Michelle Philippi said...

That paperpieced lamp is hot - - I really like this one. Happy new year!

Jill said...

Oh, nice image and card, Stephanie! I love how you paper pieced the lampshade! Great colors, too. I love how the light blue just pops!

Keva said...

Oh that's so cute! I really like the image and the papers you chose. Very nice, Stephenie!

Cathy Weber said...

Great card today. I plan on learning a lot from you this year. That lampshade is really cute and really fits the sketch nicely.

*Vicki* said...

Stephanie, this is just adorable sweetie!! I love your coloring and take on the sketch is just perfect!! Lovely design!! HUGS

Meg said...

Wow! That lamp looks awesome!!

Ted said...

Stephanie, I love the image and sentiment. Perfect together. :) Oh... and I think you forgot to mention November 1, 2011 as being rather unique. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...