Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day = Christmas cards for 2011!!!

Yes!  You read that correctly........Christmas cards already for 2011!    I promised myself that I would make at least 5-10 Christmas cards each month this year so that I wouldn't get behind come November.

So, with a bunch of others at the PTI forums, we started a Challenge thread to make projects or cards that we wanted to get made ahead of time.  If you want to see what others are doing, check out the thread here:  January pledges for Christmas 2011. We will have a new thread every month so that we can keep ourselves accountable.  Join us if you need to get yourself moving before crunch time sneaks up on us again!

Today, since it was snowing and I got a day to make cards that was unexpected......I got right to it.  I made 8 of these today and am very proud that I actually got started.  I do have to admit that this is a totally CASEd card.  Dawn McVey wowed all of us when the PTI December sneak peeks came out.  I honestly was not going to order the Background Basics: Sheet Music stamps......There was no need.  That is, until I saw this card! Click HERE to see Dawn's awesome card!

Didn't these turn out just awesome!!!!

The inside!  I figured since the poinsettia was off of the left side on the outside of the card, that I would make the smaller poinsettia go off the right side on the inside of the card.


Did you notice anything different in mine compared to Dawn's???  Take a look below!


When I was in my basket looking for the small scallops border die, I came to the Banners Builder die and had a light bulb moment.......lol  You guessed it!  With one run through the Big Kick, I had 5 borders (I chose not to use the little triangled one......didn't like how it looked).  So, that die made making this card a bit quicker!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Year of Flowers: Poinsettias 
Background Basics: Sheet Music
Kraft, Pure Poppy & Rustic Cream card stock
Banners Border die
Dark Chocolate ink
VersaFine ink - Crimson Red
Memento ink - Onyx Black



Yayyyy!!! For 8 Christmas 2011 cards being done!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!


13 comments:

paperella said...

Stephanie, this design is truly breathtaking! And the inside is so beautiful too! Yay for starting ahead ;)

Ingrid Danvers said...

Wow.....awesome cards, Stephanie. Really beautiful. Now I need to have that Poinsettia set.

Anne B said...

Love how these turned out and I love how you used the banner borders die too. Now that I've seen your cards, I can see poinsettias in my future too :)

Chris said...

Dang, girl!! Those are uh-MAZ-ing! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.

I have that die. Haven't used it yet. But I will now. Geez. What an easy solution to adding some color!

Kara said...

gorgoeus! good for you getting a head start:)

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

They look great, your coloring skills rocketh.

Cathy Weber said...

These are beautiful. I think your coloring is gorgeous. Keep this up and you will have a great stash of Christmas 2011 cards ready to go!

Janelle said...

Wow! Congrats on getting 8 Christmas cards finished already! I loved those when I saw them on Dawn's blog and I love them here. Great idea to use the banner borders at the bottom!

Holly said...

oh good for you Stephanie! You will be so glad you did this when November gets here. Your cards are gorgeous! I really like how you changed up the borders on the bottom.

Kim O'Connell said...

The music sheet background is what make sthese so perfect!

nancy jane said...

Doesn't matter if this is CASE'd or not. The important thing is that you finished EIGHT Christmas cards and they are beautiful. Way to go, Stephanie!

Monica K. said...

This turned out so awesome, Stephanie! What a smart idea to cut out several borders at once. You are really ahead of the game. Congrats on having Christmas cards all ready to go!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Just saw this Stephanie... these turned out SO GORGEOUS! I remember being "wow'd" by that card on Dawn's blog, too. This makes me want to get the poinsettia set, DARN YOU! :P LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...