Monday, January 24, 2011

SFC #82 - Living on the Edge!!!

It's another Squigglefly Monday Challenge!!!!

Welcome back!  We've got a real treat in store for you today!  All of the DT creations are focusing on "EDGES!"  How do you decorate yours up???  Punches?....Bling?...Templates?....etc.???


Here is my card with only a sentiment today!

When I saw this lovely sentiment which was included in the first release of the year, I knew I would buy it.  The reason???  I just received the Background Basics: Sheet Music from PaperTrey Ink and I couldn't wait to pair the two of them together!

I just love the pearls on the edge of this card!!!

Today, I used several different ways to decorate edges.  The first thing I did was to use a template by Dawn McVey and her Color Couture collection.  I just love when PaperTrey Ink releases these.  Basically, they are a template in a variety of sizes.  Once you print them out on card stock and cut them, you can use them over and over again because you just trace the one you just made.  This one is from the December download, which you can find HERE.

After cutting the template out, I had to use my MFT Decorative Doily die.  Those edges are just to "die" for (pun totally intended...lol).   I think this is my most used die in my entire collection!  In order to center my sentiment, I cut a doily out and placed that aside.  Next I used the square piece that had the doily cut out of it and I placed it over top my sentiment.  This allowed the sentiment to peek through and I could position it however I wanted.  Then I taped that square right where I wanted and nestled the die right on top.  Ran it through my Big Shot and Ta-Da!!!  Sentiment centered!!!

Finally, I stamped my music background and then used foam dimensionals to adhere the doily to the card.  I added in some bling and pearls for those edges and it is all set and ready to go!


Materials Used:
Squigglefly - Love is friendship set to laughter
MFT - Decorative Doily die
PTI - Color Couture Mirror Image Card Templates
PTI - Background Basics: Sheet Music
Gina K. Pure Luxury card stock - Lipstick Red
PTI - Fresh Snow ink & Stamper's Select White card stock
VersaMagic ink - Red Magic (sponged on edges of doily)
Prima e. - Pearls & Red Rhinestones


Thanks for visiting today!!!  
Take a look at the other DT creations to get some inspiration and then take the challenge this week with YOUR edges!


13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Hi Stephanie! WOW!! I just adore this card!! Your sentiment works wonderfully in your nestie and I adore that musical background!! :) HUGS

Cathy Weber said...

Very sweet card today Stephanie. I love the music background and the shaped card looks so nice with the doily. Perfectly centered sentiment too!

Card Crazy said...

Very special card. Love the shape, the pearl accent, the music background. You definitely re-defined Living on the Edge.
Sue S.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Love the template cutout, the doily, the background and the bling. (I have yet to use mine, lol)

Dani said...

How lovely!!! :)

Michelle Philippi said...

I love that doily die! Thinking I need to branch out and try the MFT thing. I think I said that here before - LOL Pretty card; very romantic.

Karen C. said...

Beautiful Valentine card Stephanie. The pearls do look lovely on the side. I like the various sizes you've chosen as well - really adds such a pretty detail.

Holly said...

Stephanie this is a great card! I love the shape of your card and the way you accented the one side with the pearls. that die you used to frame the sentiment is so lovely!

Marlene said...

Fantastic card!

Amy said...

I love the shape of this card! And I agree those pearls lining the side? Perfect!

Denise said...

This is beautiful! Love the card shape - delightful!!

Rebecca said...

this is beautiful! Love the red with the white ink!

Soothing Waters Bath & Gifts said...

I LOVE to use scraps. I don't know why, but it feels so satisfying to use every little bit.
Thanks for your inspiration. :)
Jenifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...