Monday, January 17, 2011

SFC #81 - Green, Silver and a Flower Challenge

It's another Squigglefly Monday!!!  

Chelsea's DT will be giving you some incredible inspiration to use with many of the Squigglefly images using green, silver and a flower.  So, be sure to check out all of their creations, too.


Here is my take on the challenge!


I have so many inspirations tied up in this card......from the flower to the sparkling embossing.

Isn't this Lazy Stamper Accordion Medallion just beautiful?  The Circle Quotes set from Squigglefly was just perfect for the center of it.
I decided to make my own flower using some PaperTrey Ink dies.  These Limitless Layers: Circles dies create the most beautiful Lazy Stamper Accordion Medallions that you ever did see.  I have used this method on several cards and Nicole does a fantastic job with her tutorial......so, be sure to click on that link to learn how to make one.  I'm sure you could use your Spellbinders circles to achieve the same thing.  I sized the sentiment circle to 1.5" and colorized it in the green.  Then, I used my 1.75" circle punch to punch it out.  Tombow glue was just perfect for adhering both the circle to the medallion and the medallion to the card.


If you click on this image to enlarge it, you will definitely see all the glitter from using a Gelly Roll pen.
This technique was learned from watching a Gina K. video called Shimmering Background Paper.  I just used a flowery Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder and then added my Silver Star ink from a Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  It really gives this whole card such a beautiful look.  

Materials Used:
Squigglefly - Circle Quotes
PTI - Stamper's Select White card stock & Limitless Layers: Circles dies
Heidi Grace - Sweet Whimsy design paper
Michael's - dark green flower swirl design paper
MFT - Faux Crochet Border die
Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pen - Silver Star


Thanks so much for visiting today! 
I'll see you next week for another Squigglefly Monday!!!


12 comments:

Laurie said...

Stephanie this is so pretty! I love the colors and the embossing at the bottom! Beautiful!

Maggie said...

Cute idea with the limitless layers circle...time to give that a try!

*Vicki* said...

Stephanie, this is so pretty! I love your embossing with the color over it!! Wonderful take on the colors!! :) Don't forget to add it to the In Linkz in the challenge post!! HUGS

Holly said...

Stephanie, what a beautiful card! I love how you added the silver to the embossed panel. Your accordion flower is so pretty too!

Steph Hilt said...

Oh Stephanie - this is a Beauty! Love these colors together, which I never would have thought of. I forgot about those medallions - how cool these are using that looped die. I am going to make some of these today! Thanks

Kay said...

Beautiful- I do love that medallion!

Kara said...

pretty! love the medallion!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

I love this card so much! the colors are great and the embossing is soo pretty. You sure have been busy!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours and texture detail!!

Jen said...

So pretty. This card definitely has a "how'd she do that?" quality about it which I love. Very captivating not to mention inspiring.

Chelsea said...

I love how you took my challenge and created such a beautiful card! :)

Amy said...

Beautiful layout and love the folded medallion! I haven't tried one of those yet....gonna have to do that now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...