Monday, January 10, 2011

SFC #80 - Put Your Heart Into It Challenge

Hi, everyone!!!  I'm so excited to share my first-ever creation as a Squigglefly DT member!!!  I hope you enjoy my creations throughout this term.

For this first challenge we were to use hearts to get us ready for Valentine's Day.  I wanted to think outside of the box a bit on this challenge so I chose to use BUTTONS.......lots and lots of buttons!!!  Actually, I think if I could use buttons on every single card I make, I would! 

Rather than doing a traditional Copic colored image (in which there are many, many on the Squigglefly site that I would just love to color), I decided to look for something that would be a bit different.  I did a search for "hearts" on the Squigglefly site and when I saw the Celestial Baubles images illustrated by Bonita Jones......I knew instantly that this would be my choice.  What a bargain, too!  I got 10 images for just $2.00.  You honestly can not beat that.  Just think of how many buttons I will get to use when I make cards with the other 4 images???  ;-)

I had to use just 1 bright pink button for that large circle and wanted to be sure it stood out, so I used the 4 larger rhinestones with it, too.

I sized this image to a width of 3.5" and it worked perfectly with all of the different buttons that I had.  First, I had to pick the largest button in a bright pink to match the swirls in the design paper.  Then I filled in the rest of the circles with some pale pink buttons.  All of the buttons were adhered with glue dots.  For the 2 smallest sized circles I chose to use Stickles and Martha Stewart glitter glue........and the tiniest of circles were reserved for some bling!

Can you just imagine this done in all reds???  
I bet it would be stunning!

Materials Used:
Squigglefly - Celestial Baubles
Creative Memories design paper and card stock (name unknown as I bought it by single sheets at a crop)
PTI assorted buttons
Glue dots
Stickles - Cotton Candy
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Kunzite



If you want to join the challenge, just go to the Squigglefly blog and enter your creation using one of their images using the inlinkz button.  I can't wait to see what you create!!!


Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog today.
I'll see you next week for another Squigglefly Monday

 

15 comments:

Holly said...

Stephanie, this is so creative! I love all the different buttons and the bit of bling you added here and there.

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous, so creative to use buttons to form the heart.

*Vicki* said...

Oh Stephanie, I just can't get over how gorgeous this is!! I love your clever use of all those buttons!! STUNNING use of the challenge!! HUGS

Dani said...

This card is so wonderful and perfect!! I love the Button Heart!

Laurie said...

It would be gorgeous in red but I am loving your one button in red! That makes it really pop! And I am loving the bling too! :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love the single bright button with the little rhinestones on it. Very nice job on this one. I checked out those stamps. They are super cute too.

Lorraine said...

This is pretty and the bling is a nice touch!

Kim O'Connell said...

Sooooooo pretty, Stephanie! Nicely done!

Gina said...

Oh my goodness this is just great! I love all the buttons especially that there is so much variety there. Love this card!

Rebecca said...

AWESOME use of this set! Thanks for showing off how creative and inexpensive this digi set it, wonderful inspiration!

Patricia St Martin said...

Adorable. Wonderful job. Great idea using all buttons. Really nice touch.
Hugs, Patricia

Dawn said...

clever you... fabulous

Amy said...

Love love all the buttons and bling! How did you ever part with so many? lol Your one darker button really stands out and blends well with the background!

Jeanne said...

Great use of buttons and I love how you incorporated the buttons!!!!!!! The use of Squigglefly images are a great use of the challenge.

Marlene said...

LOVE this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...