Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My first Doily card for the OTWC #39 Color Challenge!

I'm so, so excited to share this card!  Why???  Because trying to imitate something as elegant as Maile Belle's doily would only prove to be frustrating......so, I thought!  Before I started, I went back to her post on how to make these using the Mat Stack #2 Collection stamps.  I did practice making one on just a piece of copy paper, but when that proved doable.......I was ready to start my card.

You might be wondering why I'd want to tackle this doily.....
  1. It's just gorgeous.  
  2. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. 
  3. The OTWC #39 Color Challenge just screams elegance this week.  

Honestly, I was super surprised at how little time this card took me to make......Ready for this?  15 minutes from start to finish!  I think making sets of these will be a definite.  Imagine all of the occasions that you could use them for!  I'm definitely happy that I tried Maile's tutorial!  It ROCKS!


    I did use Starlite Silver Brilliance ink but it didn't shimmer nearly enough, so that's why I added the strip of glitter.  I think it was the perfect final touch!


    Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
    Mat Stack #2 Collection
    Year of Flowers: Morning Glories (sentiment)
    Stamper's Select White and True Black card stock
    Brilliance ink - Starlite Silver
    Martha Stewart glitter - Sterling
    Scor-Tape - 1/4" (Used 2 strips of it side-by-side)


    You should definitely try this if you have the Mat Stack #2 Collection.  
    I can't wait to see what you create!


    23 comments:

    Debbie Gaydos said...

    Stephanie, this is spectacular! You did a great job lining up the MS, the doily looks wonderful. Love the silver on black too, and I agree - the glitter was a great addition.

    Sue Ann said...

    OMG this better be in your top 10 next year ...... this is amazing!! Great job Steph. I wanted that set just for that stamp ........ I might have to rethink why it did not end up in my house ASAP!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Dana said...

    Absolutely STUNNING Steph! I love that you used a shimmery ink for it, and the off-set glitter strip adds so much visual interest. Love it.

    Denise said...

    This IS beautiful!!! I would pass out if someone sent me this card - so glamorous!!

    Sue Plote said...

    Wow, Stephanie! This is absolutely amazing! I love the glitter strip on the right...it adds perfect bling!

    Audrey said...

    Love this! Perfect color combination to highlight that gorgeous doily!

    Baseret said...

    Beautiful card, Stephanie!The doily is stunning and the glitter strip is perfect!

    Cathy Weber said...

    I am going to pull out my as yet unused
    Mat Stack #2 set today! It looks so beautiful in the silver with the glitter on the card edges. Very pretty card today, Stephanie.

    Laurie said...

    Holy cow Stephanie! This is gorgeous!! I love the black and silver! SOOO pretty!

    Holly said...

    Very pretty! Love the black and silver combo!

    steph said...

    BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely LOVE it! So elegant and classy!

    Jaclyn Miller said...

    I sooo oohed and ahhhed at that when I saw it on Maile's site too. I think yours may actually be prettier (shhh, don't tell her I said so). Great job and lovin' your used of this week's colors at OTWC.

    nancy jane said...

    Stunning. I agree, the strip of glitter is the perfect final touch. Just like the glittery toe of those black pumps.

    Chris said...

    I agree with Jaclyn. This is awesome.

    Tammy said...

    The silver is stunning and sure stands out! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at OTWC and Good Luck! Happy New Year! :-)

    Amy said...

    Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! Your doily card looks amazing with these colors! I have tried Maile's technique but it didn't turn out so well! Goon to give it another shot after seeing this! Thanks for sharing thismcard with us at OTWC this week!

    Anne B said...

    Wow - that is simply gorgeous. And of course now I want that Matstack 2 collection!

    Michelle Philippi said...

    I think I need some silver glitter... I love the black, white and silver - a hot combination for sure.

    Trinh said...

    This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at OTWC this week!

    Kristin said...

    wow! now *this* is a stellar and stunning card. i saw someone else say it should be in your top 10 for this next year. if it's not, i can't WAIT to see what else you might create!!! wow!

    jen said...

    Way to go!!! It does look fabulous- and perfect for this challenge!

    Sara Mac said...

    Stunning card Stephanie!! I love everything about it.

    Huguenot Girl said...

    Stunning card - the doily is perfect! I can't wait to try this effect once I get my order for the Mat Stack 2 stamp set! Great colour combo. Thanks for sharing. Nicole

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...