Monday, January 31, 2011

Lilac Dress Form Just Because card for PDCC66 and C&S #125 Challenges

 Happy Monday!!!
This is my 2nd post of the day so be sure to check out my Squigglefly Monday Challenge card!!



Today, I made another card using some of the same elements that I did on Saturday.  I decided to combine challenges again.  The first challenge I am using is the Play Date Cafe #66 Color Splash Challenge.  This is a color splash challenge which means you basically use black and white and a splash of the color chosen. This week the color is lilac. I do hope that gray is also allowed, but if not, I still love how this card turned out.  The second challenge I'm using with my card is the C&S #125 Sketch Challenge.  Oh, how I just love, love, love this sketch!!!  In fact, I'm off to make several more cards using this sketch because it's so easy and just looks amazing!



Here's my card!


That splash of lilac is just amazing!  And.....I finally got to use my new twine from The Twinery!!!

I had a strip of the fading plaid left over so it looked perfect on the inside of the card.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Simple Sentiments stamp set
Signature Series: Dress Form die   
Shery K Designs - Plaid Mega Paper Pack
True Black and Stamper's Select White
Kaiser Craft grosgrain ribbon pack - Grape
The Twinery - Lilac
Taylored Expressions - Crystal Tiny Twinkles
VersaMagic ink - Spring Pansy





Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

15 comments:

Kara said...

pretty...love the greys with the purple!

Kim O'Connell said...

Really beautiful, Stephanie!

Pam W. said...

Great design! That plaid paper is so yummy.

Tracey said...

PERFECT lilac splash!!! A real beauty of a card! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Jen said...

Hubba! Hubba! Another classy stunner. Goodness that lilac is perfect.

Tammy said...

Beautiful card. I love its simplicity.

Emily said...

Wow, Stephanie-- that's a really elegant card. Super fab!

Eva said...

Great take on the challenge. Love the background paper that you used with that focal image...gives the feeling of fabric!Perfect pop of color.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Stephanie, I think you did a GREAT job with our colour splash challenge! The dressmakers form is very cool, and so glad you got to use your Twinery twine - it's great stuff, isn't it?
Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe.

Terri said...

Love this card when I saw it the first time. Love it even more with the strip of purple too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome color splash! Love the design and that adorable dressform! The addition of the twine is a great accent! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Fee said...

A beautiful card and I love the combination of the plaid and the lilac.

Fiona said...

A lovely card - love your 'splash' of colour :) Thanks for playing along at the PDCC this week!

Ruby said...

Very pretty card! I love how you've done the inside too, it ties everything together so well. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hooray for using new twine! Love your CAS design and that plaid paper. Thank you for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...