Thursday, January 13, 2011

Itty Bitty Bird for Card Patterns Sketch Challenge and Off the Wall Craftiness Color Challenge

This is my 2nd post for today, so be sure to see the first adorable card I made today!



I've been seeing so many blogger buddies using the newly released Little Bitty Bird set from PTI that I just had to ink that set up today!


I'm using it for two challenges........The Off the Wall Craftiness #40 Color Challenge and Card Patterns #97 Sketch Challenge.  These both worked so awesome together because of the little branch I wanted to use in the set.  I also got to finally use PTI's Distressed Dots patterned paper and Scarlet Jewel felt for the little birdies!

I didn't have any of those cute little eyes, so I used the smallest pearls that I could find and the 1.0 Copic Multiliner pen to add the pupil.  I hope they don't look too silly!

Click to enlarge to see the cute inside.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Little Bitty Bird stamp set
Fillable Frames #10 stamp set (sentiment)
Kraft and Stamper's Select White card stock
Distressed Dots patterned paper
Scarlet Jewel felt and ink
Mat Stack #4 die
Memento ink - Rich Cocoa
Copic markers - R59 and Multiliner 1.0 (pupil on pearl for eye)
Prima e. - Pearls



Thanks for visiting a 2nd time today!

14 comments:

Keva said...

Wow! This is THE cutest thing. I love it. This is the first card I have seen that REALLY makes me want this set.

Elle said...

Love this! Beautiful colors and beautiful card! You did a great job!

Jeanne said...

I love how you did this card. Stunning details, makes me want that set right away. Pure genius with the eyes!

Holly said...

I love the layout and colors on this. The birds are so cute, and I think you were really clever to make your eyes with the pearls.

Cathy Weber said...

I love thi sketch, especially used with that distressed dot paper. The little black spot on the pearls make great little eyeballs for those adorable birds. Very nice card, Stephanie.

nancy jane said...

You pulled these two challenges together perfectly. The birds look adorable in Scarlet Jewel.

Kim O'Connell said...

Stephanie, I love that sketch, too, and love what you did with it! Love that PP, too!

steph said...

You (and everyone else) are driving me crazy with the Itty Bitty Bird cards! I don't have it yet! Don't you know the torture you're putting me through... lol! Beautiful card, Stephanie! LOVE IT!

~amy~ said...

polka dots and birds...doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!

Amy said...

Stephanie, LOVE what you did with Little Bitty Bird! This is adorable and I'm so glad that you used the OTWC colors to inspire this card!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh my word, how cute is this? and polka dots, swoon. You chose wisely in using this set and I don't think their eyes look funny at all - they are adorable. Glad you could join us for this week's challenge at OTWC.

Monica K. said...

What a cute card!! The little birds work so well on a Get Well card. By the way, hope YOU get well soon and are feeling a little better now...Strep throat does not sound like fun!!

Jen Carter said...

That is so cute!! I love what you did with the birds!

Laurie said...

Congrats on Super 6!!! I love this card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...