Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Just Love You for C&S #123 Sketch Challenge

I love Clean & Simple Sketches.......but, for some reason, the easiest ones I struggle with......lol

This week's Clean & Simple Sketch #123 did that exactly!

I loved this sketch from the first time I saw it.  I really figured that I could start inking up a lot of sets that I haven't gotten to with this one.........but, I seriously had creative blocks when it came to picking just the right stamp/image and the backgrounds.  So, I pulled out Dawn McVey's Color Couture embellishments (another thing I have yet to use.....SHAME ON ME!).  I mean, I've had these for at least 2 months and had to remove the cellophane!  I picked out several of the images and started cutting and came out with some really darling cards.  Yes.......I did say cards, but you'll see the others throughout the week!



Perfect for Valentine's Day!  Don't you think?
.........Or any other occasion, since I left the inside blank!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Color Couture - Vol. 3
Hibiscus Burst and Vintage Cream card stock
2008 Itty Bitty Dot patterned paper
Fillable Frames #8
Memento ink - Rich Cocoa
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dot embossing folder



Thanks for checking out my blog today!

13 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Well let me just say that you do a MUCH better job of cutting out the embellies ....... Fantastic take on the sketch!!

Holly said...

Very sweet card Stephanie. I like how you have the scallops on the border piece facing up instead of down. It gives it a very different look! Great texture you've added to the chip board piece behind the sentiment too!

Ted said...

Love all those swiss dots and the color is wonderful!

Becky Carafa said...

Fantastic! Love the scallop piece, and the embellishment is perfect!

Camilla said...

Hi Stephanie, what a sweet card - I like how you made the inside match the front too!

Heather P. said...

This is so adorable!

Cathy Weber said...

Beautiful card. I love that Color Couture image on this card with the dotted embossed scallop. Very well thought out.

Laurie said...

OH so cute! I love the color combo and the polka dots!

Kim O'Connell said...

Yummy color combo!

Danielle said...

I love this color combo!! The polka dots and embossing go so perfectly together!

Denise said...

Perfect for Valentines - love pink and kraft!! Color Couture is something I have resisted... don't make me change my mind, Stephanie! ;)

IamDerby said...

Gorgeous!!!

Amy said...

Are these embellies hard to cut out? You do a fantastic job of this and using them in creative ways! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...