Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday SIL!!!

Today I'm showcasing a CASEd card for my SIL, Sue.  When I saw this card done by Debbie Olson, I knew I had to make one similar for Sue.

What's weird is this:  I bookmark cards that I like when the releases come out for the month to give me ideas to look back on.......When I went back to take a closer look at this one in early January (had this scheduled for Blogger just in case Sue is reading my blog and I wouldn't ruin her surprise), I realized that I even had the same paper.  I didn't have it at the time of the release, but got it through my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit for November.  

I did change the stitch used on the card and instead of using ribbon, I used the Double Ended Banner die. Other than that, this truly is a CASEd card........but, I love it anyway.  Let's just hope that she does!






Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Make a Wish, Make a Wish Additions and dies
 Penny Black - Betsy Bluebell (balloons inside)
Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream card stock
Fillable Frames #11 and die
Double Ended Banner die
October Afternoon patterned paper - Modern Homemaker
Janome Sew Mini - Stitch G/Tension 4
Simply Chartreuse ink
Colorbox chalk ink - Warm Red
VersaMagic ink - Sea Breeze
Studio G. ink - Gold
Vintage Holiday Button Mix
Ivory Twine

8 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful CASE! I love love all the stitching and your choice of patterns!

*Vicki* said...

So very pretty Steph....love the added stitching hun!! ;)

Lorraine said...

This is pretty! Those papers are cute and love the stitching!

Terri said...

Very nice. Love all the different patterns. I bet she will love it!

AuroraDawn said...

Oh I love it, what a pretty card, I love the stitching and that beautiful patterned paper.

ADxxx

Mariana said...

Great card!!

Kay said...

GORGEOUS CASE! I really love that paper, too!

Denise said...

Festive! A perfect CASE! I just love the OA papers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...