Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday for the Mojo Monday #175 Sketch Challenge.

Happy Sunday to you!!! 

I've got a birthday card to share, but I'm not quite feeling it with this one.  I think it has wayyyyyyyyy too much going on.....but, at the same time, I sort of like it.  I can't put my finger on what's bothering me.  So, seriously, give me any constructive criticism that you think may help me out.  I'm frustrated!  LOL



This card was made with the Mojo Monday #175 Sketch Challenge in mind.  When I saw this sketch and it had the little pin embellishment on it,  I knew I wanted to try to make one.  I used to make jewelry and have oodles of beads left, so I pulled out those dusty tackle boxes (what I used to store all those little beads) and couldn't wait to use some of them.

I also wanted to use more of the digital paper that I found at Shery K. Designs yesterday (the link for the exact pack that I used for this card is linked in the materials list at the bottom of this post).  I won't bore you with the same details as yesterday, but if you want some beautiful paper, you have to check out her store.


Here it is!


I just love the confetti paper from Shery's store.  It's so fun and has so many of the PTI colors in it.

Here's a close-up of the pin.  Isn't it cute?  You can click the picture to enlarge it, too!

The inside decorated in the same colors as the outside.


So, can you put your finger on it?  Is it just too busy?  Is it the dominant pink polka dots taking too much of the attention?  I just can't figure it out.  Tell me what you think.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Mat Stack #3 Collection stamp set
Make a Wish stamp set (inside presents)
Birthday Basics stamp set (outside sentiment)
Signature Greetings (inside sentiment)
Mat Stack #3 die
Make a Wish die 
Hawaiian Shores & Stamper's Select White card stock  
Shery K. DesignsParty Time Mega Paper Pack
Raspberry Fizz Palette ink 
Studio G. ink - Aqua
VersaFine - Onyx Black
Flat head silver pin
Various beads


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

13 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty. Love the packages, the colors... pretty embellishments. :o)

Kara said...

i love it!

jen said...

What a great card!!! I love that pin!! :)

Cathy Weber said...

I think it is a great card. Not sure what I would have done differently. I love the sparkly pin and the packages stamped on the inside.

Terri said...

Love it, especially the bright colors!

Anne said...

Awesome card! I don't think that there's anything off...all is GOOD:) Love all your cards that I just looked at on your blog. You have a great style:)

Monica K. said...

Very cute card! Very festive, perfect birthday card! Love the PP too.

Keva said...

Oh, I love the colors. This is so cute!

Jessie said...

Your cards are wonderful!! I love the colors in these!

Kay said...

I love the colors on this, and that oh so happy background paper- VERY cool pin you made too, btw!

Lorraine said...

Pretty colors! I love that red polka dot paper and the gorgeous pin!

Debbie Gaydos said...

I LOVE this card, Stephanie! So bright and cheery and fun! I think it's great as-is!

Amy said...

Love all those little presents!! Did you make your own little pin? I love those!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...