Saturday, January 22, 2011

First Time Grandma card for Squigglefly's Saturday releases!

Every Saturday is release day for Squigglefly.  So, you know what that means, right?
New images for you to download today!  And they are C-U-T-E!!!

I'm using the new Whimsy Rocker by Revi Devi Paat paired with a sentiment from First Timers by Chesney Young.  If you have some friends that are going to be first time mommies, daddies, grandparents, aunts, or uncles.....you have to check out this set.  You'll be getting 14 images for just $1.50!  That's just amazing!  And remember, with your digital images, you can mix and match the sentiments with your other Squigglefly images like I did.




A dear, dear friend of mine is going to be a new grandma very, very soon!  So, when I saw this image I knew I wanted to make her a card using it.  I then went hunting for a sentiment to go with it and wow, did I hit the jackpot with the First Timers set!

Don't you just love all the pretty colors for a new Grandma?  This grandma lovessssssss purple!

Lots going on with my Copics in this image. 
If you really want to see all of the detail, click the image to enlarge it.

I wanted to add some texture to the little horsey, so I colored him with E57 and E59.......then I tore off a piece of an old towel and put some colorless blender solution on the tip of it and blotted over top of the horse.......Suddenly, he came to life and looks like he's a stuffed animal!  

I also used the Colorless Blender pen to make the plaid in his blanket to match my plaid pattern in the green patterned paper.  Finally, I used my Copic Multiliner 0.3 pen to add in the wood pattern on the rocker.  I love how all of these things pulled together for this image.

 
I got to use my new PTI Simple Sentiments as the sentiment on the inside!




Materials Used:
Squigglefly - Whimsy Rocker & First Timers 
PTI - Plum Pudding card stock & Swiss Dot Satin ribbon
 PTI - Simple Sentiments stamp set
Heidi Grace patterned paper- Sweet Whimsy
Copics - Colorless Blender; V15, R81, E57, E59, E47, E49, E99
Copic Multiliner .03 (woodgrain on rocker)


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

9 comments:

Kara said...

Cute!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Stephanie!! This is just darling!! I love that sentiment too!! clever idea and the colors ROCK!! ;) HUGS

Denise said...

YOU added the woodgrain?? Wow!! Awesome!! I'm sure this card will be cherished by your friend - it is too cute!

Cathy Weber said...

So much detail for a digital stamp! I love the hand-drawn woodgrain. I thought it was part of the stamp. The inside sentiment is adorable. Can't wait to get mine next week.

Amy said...

This card is perfect! Of course I love the color combo!

Keva said...

That's adorable! I live the sentiment of a first time something. That's so neat!

Camilla said...

wow that is so sweet! that will make someone's mom very happy!

Linda said...

Great card. I love how you used the colorless blender!

Jen said...

What a great idea! I love how innovative you are with your creations. First time seeing a new grandma card. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...