Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dressform Just Because card for OTWC and C&S challenges

Happy Saturday, everyone!!

I'm so happy to have gotten some crafty time today.  I have really been having issues with my shoulder and then DH had the flu this week, causing me to sleep on the couch so I didn't get it.  Needless to say, I didn't have the time to do much since I was shoveling snow and just plain tired from not sleeping well.

Butttttttttttttt...........Today, I did get to make some cards and this one turned out so awesome!!!

First off, I found an incredible digital paper store that I bought several packs of paper from this morning.  If you just create your cards for your own gift giving you will love these prices......but, since I sell some of my cards, I did purchase the commercial license.  The prices are still amazing!  Here is the link for Shery K. Designs.  If you do want the papers to use on cards you sell, contact Shery first and she'll adjust the price and then send you a receipt stating that you have the commercial license.  I did link the exact paper I used in the card in the materials list at the end of this post.




Now, onto the card!




I decided to combine challenges in using the OTWC #43 Color Challenge this week which is black, white and a cameo.  Well I didn't have a cameo, but I did have a silhouette.  I'm hoping that this will be allowed, but if not, I still love how this card turned out.  I'm also pairing it with the C&S #125 Sketch Challenge.  Oh, how I just love, love, love this sketch!!!  In fact, I'm off to make several more cards using this sketch because it's so easy and just looks amazing!


You can click to enlarge this image because you just have to see that diamond necklace up close.....lol

 Isn't that patterned paper just amazing???  I actually lined up the 1 1/8" X 3" strips of plaid paper on a piece of scrap paper so that the squares would piece together nicely.  Then I cut the rectangle out so that all of the edges would be even.  With the simple sentiments under the paper, it really looks awesome! 


I carried the plaid over to the inside.


I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Simple Sentiments stamp set
Signature Series: Dress Form die   
Shery K Designs - Plaid Mega Paper Pack
True Black and Stamper's Select White
VersaFine - Onyx Black
MFT -  My Favorite Ribbons Black Collection 
Taylored Expressions - Crystal Tiny Twinkles



Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

20 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Stunning Stephanie! I love the monochromatic look and how the gingham 'fades' in. That dress form is darling too!!

Keva said...

This is super cool. Love the gingham especially!

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful! Love this and yes, the dress form is to-die-for! Thanks for sharing!

As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge. All are welcome! Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Amy said...

I love your think outside the box style! I LOVE this for the OTWC challenge and that gingham is wonderful!! (I now have decided to buy this sentiment set.....Love how you layered it under your paper)

Heather Jensen said...

Very sweet card. I have a great place for digital paper too. Shabby Miss Jen...check it out. :)

ChristineCreations said...

So smart looking!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a strikingly interesting card Stephanie. I have been looking at it trying to figure out how you did the gradient color on it. Was that part of the paper? The dress form with the bling is a great touch for this one too.

Stephanie said...

Cathy.....There were 2 different grays and a black in the paper pack that I bought. Then with the commercial license, you are permitted to change the color.......so, I made a 3rd gray (closer to the black) so that I could make the sketch work. I just made full sheets of each gray and black and now have a lot left over. ;-)

~Tammy~ said...

I really like the layout of your card and the dress form! It's so elegant and classy! Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC and Good Luck! :-)

Jen said...

Ooh, so classy. This is very Chanel-esque. I love what you've done with this challenge. Nailed it!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a darling card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!

Chris said...

That is fantastic! I haven't fallen for that sentiment set, but it looks just terrific, here! You may have sold me...
And digital paper? Never tried it. I'm afraid my printer wouldn't do it justice.

kbell said...

i just LOVE this card! wow.

Terri said...

Great card. I love her papers too!

Jessie said...

Love the card! The dress form is so neat! Love the black and white!

Kay said...

YES, I love that plaid paper- thanks for the info on Sherry's site- I've bookmarked it to have a lookie when I get a spare moment!

Allison said...

Gorgeous! Simply love the monochromatic look here and I want that sentiment!

Camilla said...

Very elegant!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Adorable CAS card, loving that trendy plaid background. Thanks so much for playing at OTWC.

steph said...

BEAUTIFUL, STEPH! I adore this card! So sophisticated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...