Tuesday, January 11, 2011

DH's Valentine's card for MFT Sketch Challenge and Crazy 4 Challenges Color Inspiration

Good Morning, everyone!

I'm so excited about the card I am posting today.  It turned out just adorable and it's using one of my most favorite lines of stamps........MFT's A la Modes!!!



As always, I pick the stamp or set that I want to use and then I go looking for a sketch that it will work with.  I really wanted to participate in MFT's 1st Weekly Sketch Challenge of the year so I knew I would use theirs......but, I needed colors!

Since Valentine's Day is coming up quickly, I thought I should probably get my husband's card done this weekend while I was thinking of it.  There are also many color challenges centering around pinks this week.  When I saw the color inspiration on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog, I knew I would choose this one because I just love pink and browns together.


Here it is!!!

I just love paper-piecing these stamps.  You can't tell but the key is done in a gold glitter pen and it really looks awesome!

Inside sentiment compliments of Squigglefly Digital Images!



Materials Used:
 MFT - A la Modes: Key to My Heart
Squigglefly - I've Fallen in Love (inside sentiment)
PTI - Kraft, Dark Chocolate and Stamper's Select White
Echo Park - Life is Good design paper
PTI - Double Ended Border die
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Large Oval and Large Scalloped Oval
Copic markers - E000, E00, E11, E59, E25, E53, E49
Gelly Roll glitter pen - #517


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!!!

 

12 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

The inside sentiment is so great for this card, Stephanie. I love it. I love the sparkly key on this card. Great coloring too.

Holly said...

What an adorable valentine! Your hubby will love it!

Denise said...

Darling! I just love MFT... how fabulous is the sketch??! Your hubs is sure to love it!

Amy said...

Those ala modes! They are adorable but I haven't given in yet! LOL I'm sure your hubs will love it!

Jeanne said...

Love your card!!!!!! The key is stunning and the entire card is so full of life.

Kim O'Connell said...

LOVE ala modes! Love the coral and brown olor combo! Your hubby will love it!

Rhonda said...

This is so cute!!! Love the sentiment.

Chris said...

Sweet! I love the paper piecing, and I bet that key is stunning!

Janelle said...

What a great card! The sentiments are perfect!

Linda said...

I love the a la modes! I just bought some and haven't inked them up yet. I need to asap! Great card!

Marlene said...

Oh how cute!

*Vicki* said...

Stephanie, this is so gorgeous!! I just love your fabby take on the challenges here! :) TFS! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...