Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Daffodil Anniversary for C& Simple #124 & Off the Wall Craftiness #42 Challenges

Hi, everyone!
I got some time this weekend to get inky and have made quite a few cards that I have scheduled to update my blog.  I love working ahead when I can.  It makes things so much easier.



I had so much fun making this card........although, it took me the better part of an entire afternoon!  




I made it for the Clean & Simple #124 Sketch Challenge and it was anything but simple......lol  Of course, that was my fault because I got into one of my "paper piecing" moods and there was a ton of cutting for this card......but, well worth it.  I also really wanted to use the colors in the Off the Wall Craftiness #42 Color Challenge........but, I wasn't sure what YOF stamps I had that could be orange.  I decided on the daffodils because of the sketch (I needed something tall), but honestly, I'm not a "flower" type girl, so I had no idea if they could be orange.  I only thought they were yellow.  I did a Google Image search, and guess what I found???  Orange and white daffodils!!  I was so excited.  I'm even including proof!  LOL




Here's my take on the colors and sketch!!!


I found the super light aqua paper (for the stem and leaves) in a Basic Gray pad that I had, then I cut out the outside petals on some white cs that I heat embossed.  Finally, I cut out the inside using the same paper as the background.  I did the same for the little daffodil in the Mat Stack.

This is the inside.  I used the negative from my eyelet border die across the bottom and used the stamp that I used to for the outside embossed petals in the large daffodil on the front.  I love decorating the inside of my cards.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Year of Flowers: Daffodils stamp set
Mat Stack #2 stamp set
Mat Stack #3 Collection stamp set (sentiment) 
Hawaiian Shores card stock
DCWV - Cotton Bloom Stack design paper
Basic Grey - Marjolaine design paper
Fresh Snow satin ribbon
Taylored Expressions - Scalloped Eyelet Border die
Tim Holtz distress ink - Antique Linen
Studio G. ink - Aqua
VersaFine - Onyx Black
Filigree embossing powder - Clear


Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

12 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just gorgeous!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is gorgeous, Stephanie. What a beautiful color combo!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW, that daffodil is GLORIOUS!

Kay said...

Wow, that is one BEAUTIFL daffodil- the paper piecing is awesome!

Rose said...

Love your paper peiecing, but i especially love the white daffodil int he centre of your mat stack !!

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty! Love, love, love these colors!

Keva said...

Awesome!! This is SO cool, Stephanie! Love everything about it. I totally know what you mean about getting into one of those moods where the simple becomes complicated..lol.

Jen said...

Goodness me, this is amazing. The color combination is so lovely. You really do have the knack of getting DP to really work to its fullest potential. ..bit of a guru actually where patterned paper is concerned I reckon. Your paper piecing is fab too. Such an amazing cardmaker you are. Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous offering aonce again.

~Tammy~ said...

Stephanie, this is spectacular! I love love that white daffodil! Awesome job on both challenges! Thanks so much sharing your talent with us at OTWC and Good Luck!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What gorgeous paper - LOVE how you've chosen such fun patterns to paper piece your flower with. Thanks so much for sharing your card with OTWC.

Monica K. said...

Wow, this is amazing, Stephanie!! The paper piecing looks incredible with the daffodil. Love the colors too!! One of the coolest YOF cards I've seen!

Amy said...

Wow Stephanie! This is amazing with the OTWC colors! Those paper pieced flowers and your layout! Thanks for sharing this with us at OTWC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...