Thursday, January 27, 2011

Butterfly Kisses for the Sweet Sunday Sketch & Gina K.'s Color Challenges

Today I have a beautiful card using some new stamps, new cardstock and new ribbon.  I just love breaking into new stampin' stuff.  Don't you?




I just loved the Gina K. #9 Color Challenge this week.  Normally, I work with a sketch first and then go to color.....but, this one had me trying to think of something that would work almost immediately.  Once I knew which stamps I was going to use, THEN I went looking for a sketch that it would work with......Enter the Sweet Sunday #101 Sketch Challenge.  Love the idea of double ribbon or a cardstock strip with ribbon on top for that background.  There are so many possibilities!!!



Here's my card!

I just love how this background turned out (click to enlarge to see it even larger).  I used PTI's Linen/Canvas IP with Dark Chocolate ink on the plate BEFORE I ran it through my Big Kick.  Then I brushed up the edges with even more ink so it would pop against the Hawaiian Shores cardstock.   
Just another angle so that you can see the oval popped up on dimensionals.
Here's the inside (click to enlarge).  I just loved adding the little swirly to the inside with the sentiment.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 the {stamps} of life - Butterfly2build 
Hawaiian Shores, Kraft and Dark Chocolate card stock
Linen/Canvas impression plate 
Dark Chocolate ink
VersaFine ink - Deep Lagoon
VersaMagic ink - Sea Breeze
Michael's - Sugar n' Spice ribbon 
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dot embossing folder 

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

9 comments:

Jen said...

Your treatment of the background paper a la impression plate is so effective. Was it a bit messy or nothing major? Gosh, I am so tempted to give this a whirl. Beautiful card. So rich in texture.

Karen C. said...

Beautiful, Stephanie. You really captured everything about the colour and sketch challenges. I love how you carried the butterfly and trail onto the interior of the card. So sweet.

Kelly said...

So cute... but I love love love the inside! The butterfly trail to the sentiment is perfect!

Amber said...

Really cute interior! I like how you kept the theme going from the outside.

Cathy Weber said...

This is very pretty, when I saw the sketch I thought it looked like lots of layers, but when I see your card, it looks just right. I always love how finished the inside of your cards look.

Kristin said...

Amazing!! Truly a crafting genius :)

Elle said...

This is so beautiful Stephanie! You always do such a great job. So classy!

lam said...

a very cute card, love the colours

Kim O'Connell said...

Winner if the Sweet Sunday Sketch! Yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...