Sunday, January 2, 2011

Birthday card for Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge #57

Hey, everyone!  It's a little late in the day for me to post, but I've been organizing up a storm today.  My craft area is more functional and ready for the 2011!!!

Today I wanted to make a birthday for my nephew who is turning 19 this month.  The first thought I had was, "Ughhhhhhh a masculine birthday card!".....lol  How funny is that?  I always worry because I just can't seem to come up with something because I like bright, fun colors.  But today, I think I've done it!

As always, I look for a sketch to use and I found one in Skipping Stones #57 Sketch for this week.  I also couldn't wait to use my new Make a Wish sets from PTI (Christmas gift from DH) and this was perfect because of the circles in the sketch......for my card, they became the presents.  I also wanted to use the Cuttlebug embossing folder with Happy Birthday all over it, but it would only work if I turned the sketch vertical........so, that's exactly what I did.  I wish I had a vertical birthday sentiment, but since I do not....I just pulled the little tag out a little farther to make the whole sketch work with my stamps.


Can I just say how much I love Enchanted Evening with Kraft cardstock???  I had no idea!

Just want you to see that middle present all popped up on the dimensionals!

Love this sentiment.  The little star flourishes are from PTI's Faux Ribbon stamp set.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Make a Wish & Make a Wish Additions stamp sets and dies
Fillable Frames #1 and dies
Faux Ribbon stamp set (little flourishes on the inside)
Kraft, Enchanted Evening and Rustic Cream card stock
Colorbox Chalk ink - Warm Red
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia
VersaMagic ink - Night Sky



Thanks so much for taking the time to look in on my blog!!!


14 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

AAAARGH! Now I NEED that set , too! This is a great masculine card! I dread those, too, but you pulled it off! Love that embossing folder, too!

Holly said...

wow, I really love this color combination too Stephanie, and what a wonderful card for a male!

Pat said...

I have been on the fence about this set and you just may have pushed me over to the other side with this great card. Love your color combo.

Eva said...

Great guy card! Love the colors and they way you positioned the packages.

Cathy Weber said...

I would like to second Kim's comment above. Aaargh, now I need this set too! I love how you turned the sketch on its side and the embossing folder you used added some great texture. The fillable frame you chose was perfect for a masculine card. Great job making a masculine card for a 19 year old. I know those are tough, but you nailed it.

Jen said...

Well, you have totally had me get off the fence about the Make A WIsh stamp set. Your card is fantastic! I need this set now thanks to your ever so talented (and enabler) self.

Debbie Gaydos said...

SOOOOO gorgeous! And very masculine, for sure! I just used this set too and popped the middle of 3 presents on dimensionals, lol! GMTA! ;)

Wendy said...

I love the twist you put On the sketch. Thank you for playing along at Skipping Stones Design. See you on Tuesday.

nancy jane said...

Those gifts look fabulous set against the birthday embossed paper. Very festive.

~amy~ said...

EXCELLENT masculine card...I have such a tough time with them and I 'get' to make one this week for a birthday so thank you for the inspiration!

Thanks so much for playing with us over at Skipping Stones Design Stephanie!

Kandi Phillips said...

Such a cool masculine card! Perfect color combo and love the way you flipped the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Kristin said...

you did great!! guy cards are sooo hard ;-)... and yes, Kraft and EE are a perfect match for guy cards!

Sara Mac said...

LOVE this card!! I may have to CASE it soon.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Love the enchanted evening with kraft too - never tried it myself. Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...