Friday, January 14, 2011

4 More Christmas Cards for the C&S #122 Sketch Challenge!

Another snow day..........so, I got to create four more 2011 Christmas cards.  I'm really happy that I'm off to a great start.  I know that if I keep this up I won't be stressed when others want cards made for them this holiday.

I did use sketch #122 from Clean & Simple to get me going and I chose this one.  The reason I used this one was because I have 2 packages of Christmas DCWV paper/card stock and I really want to use it up.  I did get to use some of it last year on a few cards, but I want to make sure I don't "stock pile."  I need to use it up before I find new patterned paper that I like even more next year......lol  With the tiny squares in the sketch, I knew I could put a few of these patterns together and make a few good cards.



Here they are (2 green and 2 red)!!!

I just love that Banners Border die!!!  It's so easy to make just a tad bit of difference in a set of cards.



I did the green card with the sentiment in red and holly in green!


 Since the DCWV paper was an 8x8" stack, I just scored at the 4" mark.  
These will fit well in a regular business envelope.



I did the red card with the sentiment in green and holly in red!

 I wanted to mention that my brother got me the Fiskars Stamping Press from Michael's for Christmas (TY Amazon wish list...lol) and it was really awesome to use for these inside sentiments.  I absolutely loved it even more than the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig.  I'll be using it a lot on all my cards!



Materials Used:
DCWV - Christmas Combo Pack (card stock and patterned paper)
PTI - 2010 Holiday Tags and Inside & Out: Holiday stamp sets
Taylored Expressions - Merry Little Cocktail (inside holly)
Hero Arts - Holly Flourish Border stamp
PTI - Banners Border die
VersaMark embossing pad
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
ColorBox chalk ink - Warm Red
ColorBox pigment ink - Evergreen



As of today 1 dozen 2011 Christmas cards made!!!
I just hope I keep up with this!


7 comments:

Ingrid Danvers said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, Stephanie. I really like the clear embossed flourish on the left.

Ted said...

Lovely cards, Stephanie! It's odd but as I looked at the pictures my mind had to do a double-take... I'm so used to seeing pinks and reds on blogs this time of year. ;)

Karen C. said...

These are great Stephanie. I like the longer, narrow shape - different than usually seen. And the embossed flourish is a great touch.

Holly said...

wow Stephanie you are on quite a roll! I love these.

BethieJ said...

Stephanie your just to GOOD!!! Way to go on getting cards done so early!!! They are FABULOUS!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Heather P. said...

These are so pretty!!

Amy said...

Yay for you! 12 down! This was a great sketch and card size! The banner border die works great on your cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...