Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank-You cards for The Sweetest Thing Sketch Challenge and The Play Date Cafe Color Splash Challenge!!!

I just had to make 2 Thank-You cards for some very important people that have helped our elementary school with a big effort for Christmas.  It touches my heart that people can give as they do when others need so much.  It's at times like these that you are so happy to realize there are GOOD people out there that want to help.

Anyway, I knew that I wanted the cards to be done in black and gold/yellow (those are our school's colors) so that they would show appreciation from the district, as well as myself.  Enter the Play Date Cafe Color Splash #60 Challenge.  With a color splash challenge you only use a "splash" of the color they choose in your card......and since that splash was yellow.......it was perfect timing!

Next, I wanted to use a long, narrow sketch for a long, narrow card.  I recently won a $10 PTI gift certificate in another challenge (Thanks, Ted) but it was burning a whole in my pocket.  I decided to download 2 of Dawn McVey's Color Couture Card Templates offered by PTI (since they are only $5 each).  I knew I wanted December's download and then finally decided on June's template as the 2nd one.  These Tailored Tri-Fold card templates are just AWESOME!!!  I can tell that I will be using these templates very often.  Again, as luck would have it, the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #97 was just perfect for long, narrow cards!!! 

I also had some new stamps and dies that I knew I wanted to use.  PTI's Big and Bold Wishes was recommended over and over again on the boards as being a set used often.  I've been wanting this for a long time, and was happy to ink it up today.  Then, I just got the new Bloom Builders #1 die from PTI, also.  It's a long strip of flower petals that once cut out, you can string the petals together to make your own flower embellishments.  I just loveeeeeeeeeee how it turned out.  It took some fiddling, but I'm betting as I make more and more of these the easier it will become.


Here is the final result!!!

Isn't that Tri-Fold card so perfect for the sketch challenge?  The lip becomes the scalloped border in the picture above.  And just look at the wonderful flower embellishment!!!

I added a half piece of velcro in order to hold the card closed so it wouldn't pull/rip the paper flower.

The inside of the card.  I decided against just a white panel to write on.  I think the light yellow adds the perfect touch and you will still be able to read any writing very clearly.

 I really think that the 2 recipients of these cards will just love them!  I know I had a wonderful time creating them.

Materials Used - (All PTI, unless otherwise noted)
Smoky Shadow Card stock
2008 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper
Big & Bold Wishes stamp set
Color Couture June download
Rustic Ivory Twine
VersaFine - Onyx Black
Misc. black button



Just a little side note..........I finally got a personal stamp for the back of my cards.  Many of the people who have purchased my cards have been saying that I need to get a stamp so that others can go to my blog and Etsy shop in order to see my creations for themselves.  This is the stamp I chose and is what I put on the back of these cards.  It's really pretty in person.
My new stamp for the back of my cards purchased from Whimsy Stamps.  I just absolutely love it!!!!



Thanks for looking at my blog post today!!!  I have a super big surprise for you early tomorrow morning!  This was my 100th post so in order to celebrate I have some BLOG CANDY coming!  Be sure to check back!!!


11 comments:

Lee Anne said...

This is awesome, Steph. I really like the yellow inside and you did a great job on the flower!

Noora said...

Wow, this si really a beautiful card!! the flower is so pretty!

Karen C. said...

What a Bold and Beautiful card!! Your personal stamp turned outquite fabulous!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is so fresh and sweet..I luv it....merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Angy said...

Beautiful! Love the colors you chose. Great job - love the flower!

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous card, Stephanie. That flower is stunning. Now, I'm off to check out those personalized stamps.

Laurie said...

Such a fun card! I love how you made the closure! And that flower is so pretty!!

Nigel said...

Beautiful card, very elegant and full of style :)

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful design!! Great use of the colors :) This would make a wonderful gift card holder!!

Jayne said...

This is so cute! I have been wondering if anyone besides the design team was going to be able to make that flower from the bloom builders...it looks like you did a great job! Thanks for sharing.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

This is a stunning card!!! Love the colour combination, and how you used two bitty dot papers together. It looks so polished and professional.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...