Monday, December 27, 2010

Squigglefly Monday!!!

I know it's not the New Year and my term w/ Squigglefly doesn't begin until January........but, a girl's gotta get into the swing of things.  Right?

This little Shy Bear by Lynne Stansbery is one of my favorite lines over at Squigglefly.  I purchased him when I found out I was going to be on the design team so that I would have some "wintry" images to play with.  He definitely fits the bill.  Don't ya think?  You should see all of the Shy Bear images that are available and each and every one of them is so, so adorable.

So, what's more fun than Shy Bear sledding in December?  Nothing, except maybe relaxing while coloring him up and decorating the perfect card for him to go on!  I had such fun with this image and matching him with patterned paper, ribbon and glitz!

Take a look!

I just love this Echo Park paper!  It's perfect for this card.  I decided not to put a sentiment on the outside......this way, it can be used at any time this winter.

I tried to get the Spica on those snow mounds and you see a little sparkle close to the bottom, but not nearly as nice as it is in real life.  At least you can see the Flower Soft on the hat.



The first thing I do when I decide to color an image is to figure out what patterned paper(s) I'm going to use with it.  Once I have them picked, I match those with Copic markers........just to be sure the color is pulled through the image I chose.  Then I relax and color away.

After I colored this image, I knew it needed some "oomph."  I added Polar White Flower Soft to his hat using some Tombow glue and then tried out my new Clear - At You Spica Copic glitter pen over the snow mounds in the image.  You should see how glittery and fun the image looks in real life.  It just really jumps out at you.  Finally, I decided to use some snowflake brads and ribbons from my new Taylored Expressions December Key Ingredients Kit to pull it all together.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog!

Materials Used:
Squigglefly - Shy Bear: Slippery Sled Bear
Echo Park patterned paper - Wintertime
Taylored Expressions - Typhoon and Jetstream card stock, snowflake brads and ribbon
Flower Soft - Polar White
At You Spica pen - Clear
Copic markers - RV14, E17, E18, E53, E97, E99, C5, B91, B95, B97



P.S.......Don't forget to go to THIS POST to win some Squigglefly Blog Candy.  You have until midnight on Dec. 31st to do so and win some free images!!!

10 comments:

Laurie said...

SO cute Stephanie! I love how you colored the image! And great choice of patterened papers! Adorable!

Tammy said...

Wonderful creation using shybear. Thanks for correcting my paper issue, I fixed it.

Holly said...

Stephanie what a darling card! I think it's so clever of you to wait to add a sentiment until you know what you need it for.
I love your coloring, and I'll bet the spica pen really looks great on that snow in real life!

*Vicki* said...

Stephanie, I absolutely LOVE this!! What a darling card and this little ShyBear is one of my favs!! Thanks for sharing this!!HUGS

Lorraine said...

Oh, this image is too cute! And your design and coloring of him are perfect. I've got to go check out their images!

Cathy Weber said...

You colored this image so nicely, Stephanie. The patterned papers you chose matched the image perfectly. Great job. You are going to be really, really good on the design team.

Patricia St Martin said...

Stephanie, Wonderful! Your coloring is wonderful. Love your presentation. Just love the paper is you used, goes so good with you image. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Patricia

Maggie said...

Cute card....never heard of Squigglefly before :) I'm loving that paper too....I've been using it on EVERYTHING lately!

Monica K. said...

This is so sweet! I love the cute winter bear and great job coloring him too. Great card!

Kim O'Connell said...

Love the image and your coloring is fantastic! Love the snowflake brads, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...