Friday, December 31, 2010

Shy Bear with a Mojo Monday 171 Sketch Challenge!

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!!!  I'm so happy because I have just been playing in my craft cave all day, today.   I'll pop upstairs to get things ready for tonight.....but, then I'm right back downstairs working on ideas again.

This adorable Shy Bear comes at a perfect time...........because..........my vacation is coming to an end very quickly and this will be me getting up early again for my workday.

I loved this easy sketch by Mojo Monday, but didn't have a clue what I was going to use with it.  Then I downloaded this adorable Shy Bear Cup a Joe Bear and I'm a Real Bear sentiment and knew they work perfectly with the square sketch. Next, I had to pick out my patterned paper before I started coloring........so, I got out October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker design paper.  I got this with my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit for November and was actually sort of worried because, to be honest, they weren't my favorites.  Once I started looking at them with the Shy Bear image, several of them jumped right out at me.  And after making this card with that design paper......I did 3 more different cards using it.....lol.  You'll see those coming up Monday for another Squigglefly Monday post.


Lesson Learned:  
You may not like a design paper right away, but once you find the perfect image to go with it, it may become a favorite!



Don't you just love the little frame with the sentiment???  That's a FREEBIE at Squigglefly!  They have many to offer so that you can try using their images before you actually purchase any of them.
Can you see the shiny, almost real looking coffee???  I used Diamond Glaze over top to make that coffee pop!  I can almost smell it.  Can't you?

 I did manipulate the saying and the frame digitally before actually printing it out.  Using Paint Shop Pro, I sized both images so that the sentiment would fit inside the Journal frame image.  Then I took out all of the background (white) using the magic wand tool........and finally, added the red to the letters using the paint can tool.  The only reason I digitally colored the sentiment was because I was worried about the spaces being way too tiny for me to get in there with a Copic.  I did color the actual border to the frame with one of the Copic colors that I used in the cup.  Then, I used a silver glitter pen to trace over the little swirlies on each side of the frame.  Finally, I cut around the frame and then just used a small, scalloped Nestie circle to put behind it.  Popped it up on a dimensional, and there you have it. 

Materials Used:
Squigglefly images - Journal Frame, Shy Bear Cup a Joe Bear and I'm a real bear 'til I've had my Coffee sentiment
Taylored Expressions - Buttercream and Maraschino card stock
October Afternoon design paper - Modern Homemaker
Gelly Roll Glitter Pen - Silver Star
Copic markers - E17, E18, E35, E53, RV13, BG10, BG11, BG13, R24, R27
Diamond Glaze


If you'd like a chance for some of these adorable Squigglefly images, I am offering Squigglefly Blog Candy in another post:  

You have until midnight, tonight ..... December 31st, 2010 to make your choices and to be entered into the drawing.  There are going to be 3 winners, so your chances are definitely good!




5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Stephanie, this is really super adorable!! LOVE your card and that image is colored so beautifully!! TFS and Happy New Year my friend!!HUGS

Karen C. said...

Stephanie this is so sweet. The paper design and colours look perfect with the little bear and BIG coffee cup - you did a great job bringing the paper colours and image colour choices together, Hope you have a Happy Happy New Year.

Holly said...

Oh I love this Stephanie! I love the way you framed the sentiment! your coloring goes so well with that paper too. Makes me want to go brew a cup of coffee now!

Cathy Weber said...

What a beautiful and descriptive post today Stephanie. You have become a World Class Blogger, in my opinion. I love how you describe in such detail what you have done. I know I don't know much about digital stamping and I see that I will learn a lot from you.

Tracey Brossart said...

So adorable! Love that sentiment!

Tracey xx :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...