Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Perfect Gift Wrapping with paper doilies!!!

Oh, I'm so, so excited!  I think my husband thinks I've lost it......but, that's beside the point......lol

I was trying to find the perfect packaging for the little magnet sets that I made HERE.  And I knew I would use one of PTI's Favor It Box dies.........but, what I didn't expect to use were PAPER DOILIES!!!

So, since I had many of the little PTI Tiny Treats Christmas tags made up and left over from the M&M sticks I made, I knew I wanted to use these on the front.  Enter Favor It Box 1!!!  It would be just perfect for the little magnet tin I was gifting this year.  Now, all I needed was some fancy tissue paper or glitzy cellophane or something.

I was looking around my craft area and spotted 4" paper doilies and I tried pushing them down inside......IT WORKED!!!  So, I put some 1/8" Scor-Tape along the top of each side and then once I positioned the doily to peek out from the inside, I secured it.  It actually raises the little tin about 3/4" up off the bottom of the box so it is right near the top.  It worked just perfectly!  See for yourself!


 Doesn't the little doily look adorable peeking up over that edge under the handle?




 And here's the inside empty and then with the little magnet tin filling it up.  
I'm attaching a home made tag and it's all ready to go!!!



Thanks for looking!
I hope you are as excited about this little find as I am........or maybe my husband is right......I am crazy!!!

13 comments:

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous boxes, Stephanie! They turned out great. And I love the doilies inside. What a cute idea!

Cathy Weber said...

Super cute idea Stephanie. You have had such great ideas for Christmas. So glad you found PTI.

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so stinkin' cute, Stephanie!!! Those doilies look perfect in there. Your beautiful gifts now have beautiful homes!

Karen C. said...

the doilies add atouch of elegance to your wrapping. All the boxes and tags are so sweet. Tiny Treats is my all time favourite set - it's so fun to use.

Kelly said...

I love the doilies! They really did add the perfect finishing touch!

Chris said...

Love the doilies in there! Adorable gift sets!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

These are just lovely!!

Kristin said...

This is SOOO great!! Very creative!

Anne B said...

Your packaging looks fantastic and what a great idea to use the doilies too. Those little boxes are sooo cute :)

Angy said...

Super cute! Great idea with the doilies - really finishes the inside of your treat container. Oh and I love the bookmarks a few posts back. Wonderful! Such lovely little gifts.

steph said...

SO PERFECT! Those doilies are a great touch and totally brought your project together! Just lovely!

Michelle Philippi said...

What cute lil' packages...the the doilies add an extra layer of girly-frillyness!

Niki Estes said...

Very cute! I love the doilies inside. Congrats on the new dt!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...