Sunday, December 26, 2010

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge!!!





Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!  Another PTI Blog Hop!!!  I can't wait to get inspired by everyone's creations!
  
For December's Blog Hop, this was the challenge...... 

Leftovers Challenge!!!
It's that time again for our annual holiday leftovers challenge! Use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project. We all have plenty of it laying around after all the holiday excitement and this is your chance to incorporate some of those pretty little things into an amazing piece of art!


I really am joining this Blog Hop with a mission in mind!!!  Every year I create a huge buffet table with all kinds of snacky foods for our out-of-town visiting guests.  They usually arrive after eating dinner at their families' homes so I just want to have "nibbles" out.  I usually make several dips and serve them with veggies, crackers and pita chips.  THIS year.......I wanted to have them labeled because inevitably I always get asked......"What is this dip?" or "What is this flavor?"    With these "Dip Tents" beside each one, I won't have to answer these questions over and over again.

I truly used all kinds of leftovers.  The main one was the little Tiny Treats: Christmas tags I made for M&M stix in November.  Somehow, I ended up with about 15 of these matted circles left over.  I was so upset that I made that many extra.......Now they are proving to come in handy!

All of the crinkled wrapping paper was from gifts that DH and I used on our presents this year.  He didn't take out the "wrapping paper" trash yet today......so, I dug through the bag......lol

This is my favorite of the three........but, I just noticed that I have to straighten out the placecard topper before the guests get here.

This was DH's favorite wrapping paper.....the red & white mints with a light blue background.  It went perfectly with the Christmas prints design paper.

Here are all 3 together.  You can tell I used scraps because none of them are the same height....lol  At least I used up scrap card stock and design paper and didn't have to cut anything new.

Everything came from my scrap paper box or the garbage "wrapping paper" bag.  I only had to use the Mat Stack #1 Collection stamps for the 3 lines to write the name of my dip.  They came together pretty quickly and I can't wait to put them out with all of the nibbles tonight when our guests arrive.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Tiny Treats: Christmas & Mat Stack #1 Collection stamp sets
Placecard & Limitless Layers: Circles dies
Christmas Prints and 2008 Bitty Dot Basics design paper
Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy & PineFeather card stock
Creative Memories - Tearing Tool
VersaFine - Onyx Black
Copic markers
Various used wrapping paper scraps


Off to your next blog!!! 
 Happy Stamping!!!



31 comments:

Lori said...

great idea!!! love it

Lori said...

What a great--and useful idea!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great idea - I love your sweet signs.
Hugs
Carol x

Kara said...

cute!!

Sue Lelli said...

How CLEVER and USEFUL are these plus your guests will love them! I love food signs because people will know what they're getting without asking you a million times! LOVE how you used your leftovers and papers!

Barbara said...

Fabulous idea! And way to use those leftovers!!!

Karen C. said...

What a great way to use all our bits and bobs. I'm sure your table will look very festive and be such a unique and fun way to share your goodies. Happy Holidays!

Suzanne said...

Love them. These look so much nicer than just the regular tent fold cards using Places, Please. Thanks for sharing.

Dana said...

Fabulous idea, Stephanie! What a clever way to use up those scraps :)

Anne said...

Great idea! I like that you used different wrapping paper for the different tent cards!

Terri said...

Great idea! Love all the different wrapping paper you used too. Hope you had a great Christmas!

Babies- Beth said...

What a great idea- and these would be perfect as place cards, too! How nice you had to do minimal stamping- sometimes mistakes come out just fine!

Ann said...

Cute AND practical...love it! :D

Linda said...

Very creative! And they could be reused also. Note to self ...

Suzanne said...

This is a great idea!!! And so so cute!

Ciacchina said...

belle card!!!

Kelly S. said...

What a GREAT idea! These are such adorable little signs, and another great way to use those place card dies...awesome inspiration!

Krista said...

LOVE the crinkled paper under the stamped images. and totally fabulous idea to put name tags next to each dip!

Terri E. said...

Fun way to reuse wrapping paper.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great food labels!!

Marge said...

TOO clever & TOO cute!!! Great job!!!

Lee Anne said...

You are too smart, girl! Love this idea!

Jessica Griffin said...

I'm waiting to find someone who had the same wrapping paper as me! I'm still searching! Beautiful place cards!

Jen Carter said...

Isn't it great to find a way to use those "extras" that you made! I did the same thing with my gumball sticks too! Love your ideas, thank you for sharing!

Janelle said...

Great idea to make little tent cards for your snacks. I almost always make labels for my food when I take it somewhere and have found that people (especially picky ones like my husband) really appreciate it. Thoughtful touch for your snack-y buffet!

kbell said...

these are the CUTEST dip tents I've ever seen. now if only I could come to the party and taste all the great dips! ;)

Lorraine said...

Great idea and reuse of the christmas toppers and wrapping paper!

steph said...

Super cute, Stephanie! I love the idea of using placecards to label dips- and what better way then with PTI scraps! Great job!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very cute! I love that tiny treats set too! Hope your Christmas was a merry one!

Marybeth said...

I love the idea ,thanks for sharing.

Sam said...

What a fabulous idea Stephanie! They look great too.

Happy New year!
:-)
Sam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...