Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New WPlus9 stamps for Clean&Simple Sketch 118 and Color Cue Challenge

I ordered a bunch of stamps from several  new companies (new to me, that is) and they are starting to arrive......I've got to say that these WPlus9 Poinsettia Patterns are just gorgeous!!!!  I'm thinking of all kinds of backgrounds for these.  They are just beautiful!!! Wait until you see!



This is my 4th Color Cue 10 Challenge (maybe I will get to do all 7!) and it is Savitri Wilder's color combination. I really wanted to use white (and that was okay to do) but I just tried my best to use just the red, black and kraft.  The PTI Pure Poppy really stands out on this card and looks wonderful.

The sketch is Clean & Simple's 118th sketch.  I love the CAS style and these are probably my most favorite sketches.  They come together quickly and they always look classy.  Love them!






At first, I really wished I had red embossing powder to make the accent strip black with red poinsettias but this turned out very well.  I think the red is really what I needed instead of the dominant black taking over.  See what you think.

PTI's Mat Stack #1 Collection worked perfectly with the WPlus9 stamps.  You can't tell from the picture, but the Poinsettia Pattern stamp is heat embossed on the Pure Poppy.  IRL it's so shiny and beautiful!

I've been loving adding this decorative strip to the inside of the card.  It really finishes it off.

Lots of knew goodies used on this card and it came together pretty well.


Materials Used:
WPlus9 - Poinsettia Patterns stamp set
PTI - Mat Stack #1 Collection stamp set
PTI cardstock - Kraft, Pure Poppy, True Black and Stamper's Select White (inside)
PTI - Mat Stack #1 die
SU Sizzix Texture Plate - Damask
VersaFine - Onyx Black
VersaMagic - Red Magic
Stamp & Stuff embossing powder - Midnight Black
Emboss It ink - Clear
Prima Flowers - Christmas collection
Prima e. - Black pearl


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

9 comments:

Denise said...

I love red and black together - the kraft is a nice neutral with them... of to check out Wplus9. (Stop enabling me, Stephanie! ;)

Sara Mac said...

Stephanie this is a beautiful and elegant thank you card. I love the color combo. Great job with the sketch.

Ayana Posadas said...

You did such a pretty job with the color combo and I just adore the embossing. Beautiful card! :)

Amy said...

Stephanie, I've been ordering some new goodies too especially with the sales this past weekend! hehe I missed out on the Wplus9 sale but next time there are some on my list! I love how you combined everything here so effortlessly! The texture plate was perfect to use with this card.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! I just love the colors and the embossing is perfect!!!!

Michelle Philippi said...

I do like the polished look from finishing off the inside; and your embossing the card base is a great touch as well.

Anne B said...

Love the colours and the different textures you've used - that texture plate is amazing.

Kelly said...

I love the added detail on the inside! I need to start doing that with my cards as well. and I need to start participating in some challenges!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is a gorgeous project using Kraft cardstock. Please consider entering it at the Kraft Holiday Challenge for a chance to win prizes! http://thekraftjournal.blogspot.com/2010/11/kraft-journal-holiday-challenge.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...