Sunday, December 5, 2010

Medallion Thanks and my 7th (and final) card for the Color Cue #10 Challenges!!!

I did it!  I did it!  I did it!  Sorry for the excitement, but I can't believe that I finished all SEVEN Color Cue #10 Challenges for WPlus9!  I even had a chance to order some of their stamps to use for their challenge and they were so fast to ship them that I got to use them for 2 of my cards in these challenges!!!

So, the last challenge I did was the color palette by Maile Belles!!!  Now, I love you Maile, I really do.....as your work for PTI is just incredible and gets me really jazzed during release sneak peaks......but, wow did you pick a tough, tough, tough color combination!!!  That's why this one was last!.......And, then it hit me.......I just received the Mehndi Medallions stamp set and could use the colors with the medallions!!!  Wooo Hooo!!!






So, here is the very last card for Color Cue #10!


I tried again sponging around the sentiment.  I'm amazed that the square sponge shape didn't show up this time for me.  I'm either getting better at this technique or maybe having the right ink (distress ink) to do it, makes it better.

Love the little medallion to dress up the inside.  It's just the perfect touch.

I really enjoyed all of these color challenges.  They have really made me stretch to make them all work.  I think I'm most proud of the fact that I did some pretty intricate cards (for me) and just didn't do something simple.  Thanks, WPlus9 DT!!!  Your color combinations helped produce some of my very best cards!!!


Thanks so much for looking and commenting.  It makes me smile every time I read your comments!

8 comments:

Karen C. said...

This is such a pretty card Stephanie. I love all the colour and the sentiment panel is so soft and subtle. I like how you used the stamps inside as well.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful - the medallions are so pretty against the red - and love the smaller ones on the inside, too.

steph said...

Great job, Stephanie! I gotta admit, I saw that color combo and ran the other direction! Haha! I have trouble using two colors at a time! This is a beautiful use of these colors! And I think I love (read: need) that Medallion set!

Wildflower Scraps by Jasmin said...

Congrats on finishing all of the card combos....girl, you must have been on a roll! LOL, check out my submission and good luck!

Sue Plote said...

Beautiful, Stephanie. I love the colors you've used, and the sketch is awesome!

Amy said...

Yes, the medallion set is a must have. Now I MUST go buy it. Love how you've incorporated all those colors in here.

Lee Anne said...

AWESOME! I love the squares!

Dawn said...

Hands down, a gorgeous creation!! And...you did ALL seven color combos! Woot Woot! So happy to hear that these color combos inspired what you feel to be your best work yet. That is what it is all about! Glad I found your blog as well. ;o)

Thanks for joining us at Wplus9!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...